PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Tuesday 7th November 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 7 November 2017 at 7:18AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Tuesday 7th November 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly. DH still coughing but says he feels so much better this morning with no headache, just need to get rid of the cough.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg, not sure what we're having tonight as DH not really eating much, so will sort it out later.

Yesterday work was another manic Monday, in the last few weeks Tuesday have become the new Monday's so we'll see how we go, hoping for another busy day as it makes the day fly, it's my shorter day today too.

Have just picked up my mobile phone and it won't even switch on, have plugged it in to charge and it has 2% battery, I've noticed over the last few weeks it seems to be loosing it's charge quite quickly, in past experience this is when they are on their way out, I've had it several years, as it was on a 2 year contract to buy the handset, then I've been doing a sim only deal that I've just renewed a few weeks back, so I'm guessing I've had the phone probably 4-5 years, was completely happy with it but if it's going to let me down, it'll be replaced.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Thanks for starting us off nmlc.

It has rained all night and we had a howling wind for most of it, seems to have died down now but still wet.

Had a good catch up with friends last night, I had a halloumi salad which was very tasty. The lunch at school yesterday wasn't that good apart from the soup of which I had 2 cups!

Lots of things to catch up on at work today, would be good to get them done and out of the way. I may ask the useless one to help but it will probably end up falling on deaf ears.

Flu jab for me today, we get it free from work.

Hope you're all ok and Becky has had a good first night. Take care. XX
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I struggled with my exercises yesterday and probably will today too (TOTM). I keep reading that you should carry on with exercises even with monthly aches and pains because it'll help ease them. I don't know who these people are that say these things, but they're liars. lol[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]My pumpkin isn't very pumpkin-shaped, but it's not too bad. Wouldn't put it on display :D I'm using leftover bits of yarn to practice, it's purple and cream, lol. I'll keep working on it. I found a good one on a site called Planet June but I really want to make my own. She also had a poinsettia pattern for sale which I've admired for ages, it's now available for free so might have a go at that.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]HMRC have decided that the month of october doesn't exist and the bill is £0.00. I know that I've sent, and they've received, wages info each week so now I'm going to worry until they've sorted the blip online. They don't make it easy even when you're trying to give them money :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've tidied the cupboards and cleaned the fridge ready for the food delivery this morning. Once that's been put away I have some paper shuffling to do. Scampi has decided to sleep for most of the day, start bouncing around at about 4pm then spend all evening playing. I'm going to attempt to reverse that, I can't cope with active evenings, I like to laze around :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. It's a much milder start here this morning but it looks a bit damp out there so we must have had a little rain in the night.

It's Mr TA's birthday today and we are undecided whether to just go to the nice Italian restaurant in town this evening, or trip off for the day and incorporate a nice late lunch somewhere. We said we would wait and see what the weather was like before making a decision!

DD and the girls called after school with grandad's cards and presents, arriving at the same time as DS who was coming for tea and also clutching presents! His birthday started a day early!

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) to all in need or want of them. I hope Becky has settled well DUMPLING and managed a good night's sleep. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off nmlc.

Dumpling I’m glad that Becky was feeling positive about her stay in the unit. That is a long round trip that you had, I hope that you have had a good rest. Take care.
    Nannywindow sorry to hear your news. Glad that Mr Fixit got the pump done with your help :).
    Cranky your leg sounds really painful, I hope that it gets better quickly.
    JackieO thinking of you and your family, I hope that you are taking care of yourself as well.

Brr it is cold here this morning. It was yesterday as well but was a lovely sunny bright say, much better than wet miserable weather. I managed to go for a nice walk around the park yesterday afternoon. I love the autumn colours.

The only housework that needs doing today is a quick vacuum through, so that’s not too bad at all.

Take care and have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Not as cold here this morning but its been raining in the night so its damp, the car park at work is really bad atm with thick mud and its really slippy, the rain will just make it worse.

Off to work today and spag bol for dinner tonight, we had the pizza last night as I was so shattered when I got in from work I could not be bothered to cook much, I was in bed and asleep by 9.30.

Need to do a wash tonight and order the new kitchen flooring, we are going to be putting the new kitchen in at the beginning of Dec, I jut hope there are no major problems as I need a working kitchen for Xmas !

Happy Birthday to Mr TA I would do both lunch and dinner :D

Have good day all xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    NMLC thats how my phone started failing, so I bit the bullet, bought a new S@msung handset and went sim-only.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need. Happy birthday to Mr TA and anyone else celebrating today.

I've been awake since 5 but I'm not in a hurry to get out of bed.

Yesterday I did a small food shop I also stocked up on coal and bought a new roasting tin and two tea towels, such excitement.

Today I need to collect a prescription and replace a lamp on my number plate.

I hope to make the linings for my side hatches today and some door curtains to cut down on the drafts.

Have a good day everyone.

Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,057 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all.

The drive back from Dunoon was just horrendous last night, very high winds and almost horizontal rain for all the way up to the A83. Then the main road was unusually busy with freight traffic coming down which meant constant huge bright headlights blazing at me. The drivers turn off their main lights very quickly but it’s the other stuff they have going on... some are like Blackpool and have huge logos in cabs.

I fell asleep very quickly after that. Today I’m teaching for two hours and then taking a local woman down to Glasgow and back. I’ll pack a book and a sandwich.

Right, off to get started. Happy Tuesday to all.
  • ancientofdays
    Options
    Morning all and thank you for starting us off nmlc.
    Thinking of JackieO and Dumpling, also happy birthday Mr TA.

I must be off to work, managed to get lots done yesterday. Today will be a long day, weather forecast is horrid so I'm not totally looking forward to getting back from a nearby town in the dark and rain. Perhaps the weatherman is wrong, hope so.

nmlc, that's how my last two phones have told me that it was time for a new one, this one is starting to feel a bit iffy too.

Hope everyone has a good day
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,774 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all and Happy Birthday to MrTA. If your weather is anything like what we have here just now you'll be going out this evening....

This morning I have to have the dressing on my leg redone (thank you for your thoughts Holly, yes it hurts a bit) and I've bought some boxes of biscuits and a thank you card for the unit that has been looking after me - my next appointment on Thursday will be elsewhere. I may also go and do the weeks shopping while I'm nearer to a bigger Asda than the one closest to home.

I should probably do some housework this afternoon, but nothing urgent needs doing so an afternoon of knitting is looking good.

I hope Becky has settled in OK Dumpling and safe driving Gers.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure