Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Enterprise_1701C
    Options
    Good morning all, cold and grey here, been forced into putting the heating on as it was only 10 degrees in the kitchen and my legs were cold! Mind you, would not have bothered if the sun was out.
    mhoc wrote: »
    and bear in mind it might take about 4 months to reach payable :(

SD loo paper comes in plain brown very large but feather light boxes - OH thought he was collecting something very interesting last Friday, the utter disappointment when I finally got them open and it was just more loo paper :)

Only 4 months? I've been waiting since April for my house insurance to come payable :mad:
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Soo_Hal
    Soo_Hal Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks TM :)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Probably stating the obvious, but with the current run on high value APGs, you will hit your £100 limit quickly ... so keep track of the total (probably 4 x £20+ on one account to avoid losing any of your total).

Remember the APG uses Email as the identifier and needs a postcode to set up ... but it needn’t be your postcode ;). Personally, I don’t use my home account (linked with credit card) for anything other than C&C.

HTH

Anon[/QUOTE

A good reminder Anon. Ive made a note just in case. Not that much stuff left in ours think Nellie must have collared it lol . I wonder if they will have any more in.:o

Good Morning all :)p
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,067 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Me and my shops against T:mad:. Bought enough items even without the Dove Shea - should have bought two Dove Original instead:p.

8 items on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda tesco
    1x Dove Shea Butter Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £1.50 N/A:mad:
    1x ASDA Smart Price Corn Flakes (500g) £0.45 £0.40
    1x ASDA Smart Price Still Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.17
    1x Nestle Shredded Wheat Bitesize (750g) £3.18 £1.60
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (6pt) £1.48 £1.48
    1x ASDA Smart Price Sparkling Spring Water (2l) £0.17 £0.17
    1x Palmolive Aroma Moments So Relaxed Aromatic Shower Gel (250ml) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Galaxy Milk Chocolate Advent Calendar (110g) £2.00 £1.00
    1x Dove Original Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £1.50 £1.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £10.45 £6.82
    +£3.63 cheaper

Note that the Dove Shea is N/A against M:

1x Dove Shea Butter Beauty Cream Hand Wash (250ml) £1.50 N/A

In fact...

I've bought the flamin' wrong one haven't I?:o:o:mad: Should have been Dove Silk! I know what is to blame for this - that's the shop where the Shea was bought before and failed. I had Shea on my mind as a result of that, from a few weeks ago, and now, with it on my mind, I've bought the item that fails:(:rotfl::rotfl:. So, it's now one-all:p:laugh:. My fault really as not having it on my mind as the one to avoid.

Galaxy Advent Calendar at least works, and an Advent Calendar has the benefit that it stops people taking chocolates and eating them immediately after I've bought it! I just knew, if I did a T comp. shop, I would have a fail. I also did a shop against M - watch that one work perfectly as I much prefer the safe comparison against M, totally guaranteed to work, as opposed to my risky, failure T shops.

Btw, the Galaxy Calendar is already picking up £2 for M. I don't know how they get that - probably have had full price SELs in their main aisle even if the item is out at the front at many of their stores with £1 offer label on Monday. Notice I didn't try this vs M:rotfl:.

Oh well, I have a different handwash now, so more variety, even if much more expensively. And I have got another voucher to add to the lower one than should have been that I've got from this shop, so it will have to work that way.
    We got the dove (and avoided the shea) but in our mr a there was no sel about them being 342 even though they were at checkout - not sure if this might mean they are going off 342 soon?
    I think....
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Elite.
    Found a womble on my way to work. Would have been even better had they not bought the Asti. But my best ever.....apg £9.12!!

8 items (6 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x Fever-Tree Premium Indian Tonic Water Cans (8x150) £3.99 £3.97
    1x Staropramen Premium Beer (12x330) £10.00 N/A
    2x Fever-Tree Premium Ginger Ale Bottle (500ml) £3.40 £3.34
    2x Meadow Churn Garlic Butter (120g) £2.60 N/A
    2x Martini Asti (75cl) £12.00 £14.00
    1x Wood's 100 Navy Rum (70cl) £23.50 £20.68
    3x Pepsi Max (1.5l) £3.00 N/A
    1x Fever-Tree Elderflower Tonic Water Cans (8x150) £3.99 £3.97
    1x Edinburgh Gin Rhubarb and Ginger Liqueur (50cl) £18.00 £16.00
    1x Jim Beam Devils Cut Kentucky Straight Bourbon (70cl) £16.00 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £64.88 £61.96
    +£2.92 cheaper
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    L'Oreal sport working. Thanks to all.

6 items (4 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    1x Wham Raspberry Flavoured Bar (16g) £0.10 N/A
    1x ASDA Jelly Beans (45g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Marshmallow Faces (40g) £0.25 N/A
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Haribo Starmix (1pk) £0.10 N/A
    1x Swizzels Refreshers Original Lemon Flavour (18g) £0.10 £0.10
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Mini Marti Mushrooms (50g) £0.25 N/A
    1x Barratt Flumps (12g) £0.10 £0.10
    3x L'Or!al Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) £18.00 £9.00
    1x ASDA Unicorn Foams (50g) £0.25 N/A
    Comparison total (compared products only) £18.30 £9.30
    +£9.00 cheaper
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • mrs_lds
    mrs_lds Posts: 4,103 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Anon wrote: »
    Probably stating the obvious, but with the current run on high value APGs, you will hit your £100 limit quickly ... so keep track of the total (probably 4 x £20+ on one account to avoid losing any of your total).

Remember the APG uses Email as the identifier and needs a postcode to set up ... but it needn’t be your postcode ;). Personally, I don’t use my home account (linked with credit card) for anything other than C&C.

HTH

Anon[/QUOTE

A good reminder Anon. Ive made a note just in case. Not that much stuff left in ours think Nellie must have collared it lol . I wonder if they will have any more in.:o

Good Morning all :)p

With the apg linked to the email and postcode what can A do if you have 10 apgs every month. Should we be worried tia??
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mrs_lds wrote: »

With the apg linked to the email and postcode what can A do if you have 10 apgs every month. Should we be worried tia??

No I wouldn’t worry - they enforce the limit on your account and set the rules. I just don’t enter shop receipts on my main account as I keep that clean for C&C (so rarely used - particularly since August when my online apg vouchers did not turn up :().

Now if family members are playing too ... ;).

Anon
  • chandlerscroft
    Options
    Good morning

Can confirm from shop done this morning
    6x L'Or!al Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) £36.00 £18.00 v's Tesco paid £24 £18.75 APG
  • elliemoo
    elliemoo Posts: 4,593 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning all, happy Thursday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts