Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I am just tidying up the M list ready for tomorrow. I have currently got Jacob's Mini Cheddars/Mini Cheddars Crispy Thins and Sunbites 6 packs (3 for £3 snacks) and Batchelor's Cup A Soup/Slim A Soups (soups 5 for £3) as expected to have ended today in M. That may or may not happen. I only mention it now as I am trying to do a big collection in M tomorrow (lots of things expected to be happening) and may be incommunicado for the next two days (tomorrow being out at M and the day after sorting it out and catching up on other things). This is of course the cue for big glitching, including my Quorns, to go on in A tomorrow for one day - I do not know if they will - I hope not of course from my POV and I have little room in my freezer anyway so may have to miss this time if it happens (save it to next week please:rotfl:).
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 6 December 2017 at 12:45AM
    Options
    Savvy Womble A v M

10 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Morrisons
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Seedless Grapes (Colour May Vary) (500g) £1.35 £1.25
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection White Mushrooms (250g) £1.36 N/A
    2x Birds Eye Garden Peas (375g) £2.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Bananas (10pk) £1.59 N/A
    1x ASDA Rice Puddings (2pk) £1.65 £1.62
    1x Lenor Fabric Conditioner Silk Tree Blossom Inspired By Nature 35 Washes (875ml) £3.00 £2.00
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Boneless Chicken Thigh Fillets (515g) £2.70 N/A
    1x KitKat 2 Finger Mocha Chocolate Biscuit Bar 9 Pack (9x20.7) £1.00 £2.00
    1x Walkers Tear 'n' Share Lightly Salted Crisps (150g) £1.00 N/A
    1x Tymbark Apple and Watermelon Drink (2l) £1.76 N/A
    1x "ASDA BBQ Chicken Deep Pan 10"" Pizza (450g)" £2.30 N/A
    2x Tango Orange Cans (6x330) £4.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Grower's Selection Brown Onions (3pk) £0.57 £0.67
    5x ASDA Grower's Selection Red Pepper (each) £2.50 N/A
    1x ASDA Butcher's Selection Pork Mince (Typically Less Than 20% Fat) (500g) £1.66 N/A
    1x Always Ultra Long Sanitary Towels With Wings Giga Pack (26 pk) £3.00 £2.50
    1x Maltesers Merryteaser Milk Chocolate Reindeer (29g) £0.35 £0.65
    1x Oral-B 3D White Luxe Glamourous Shine Mouthwash (500ml) £5.00 £3.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £17.92 £15.69
    +£2.23 cheaper

So "typically less than 20% fat", which implies that it may not always be and is probably around 20% fat, means that they don't pick up "20% fat" in M:mad:. £1.50 in M. (Unless they have the 5% at £2.50 A linked up to the £1.50 M product:rotfl:.) I would have been less harsh on the above comparison and would have considered the two 20% versions comparable. However, thanks for letting me know what the APG currently says.

EDIT: Product description from M's website: "100% British, Typically less than 20% fat". I have taken it as "20% fat" just in shorthand. They are the same type and for the same purpose! Price collectors - stop worrying about "Typically less than...", it's the same thing!:mad: Not that they are hearing me here:rotfl:.

EDIT 2: We don't know whether this is Monday's price collection yet. The product has gone to £1.50 in M on Monday. A is charging £1.66 for their product. However, M's version is already available from M for £1.50.
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:01AM
    Options
    picked up a womble dated 09/11 not sure if it's still relevant in the terms of APG. Can't remember if they compare that price or todays prices. Let me know if it's any use.

Either way here's one from today v M
    1x ASDA Italian Spaghetti & Meatballs (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Beef Lasagne (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Little Angels Moisture Rich Baby Bath (500ml) £0.87 N/A
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (4pt) £1.09 £1.10
    1x ASDA Pomegranate & Raspberry Leaf Washing Up Liquid (500ml) £0.50 N/A
    1x Pot Noodle Chicken & Mushroom (90g) £0.50 £0.75
    1x ASDA Little Angels Sensitive Cotton Soft Baby Wipes 0+ Months (64pk) £0.55 £0.56
    1x ASDA Smart Price Mozzarella Cheese (125g) £0.47 £0.47
    1x HiPP Organic Sweet Squash & Chicken Baby Food Jar 4m+ (125g) £0.70 £0.72
    1x ASDA Garlic & Herb Flatbread (245g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x ASDA Smart Price 8 Pork Sausage Rolls (480g) £1.10 £1.00
    1x ASDA Cookie Pie (each) £3.00 N/A
    1x Wagon Wheels Original (6pk) £0.75 £1.00
    1x ASDA Chosen By Kids Bangers & Beans Pie (300g) £1.75 N/A
    1x ASDA Italian Tuna Conchiglie Bake (450g) £2.00 N/A
    1x ASDA Smart Price No Added Sugar Apple & Blackcurrant Double Strength Squash (750ml) £0.42 N/A

My attempt to separate your post into three points and answer each in turn doesn't work as this website keeps moving my lettered headings when I try to save them in the right places.

Therefore, I have now abandoned lettered headings (that's why you can't see any:doh:) and now:

"Not sure if it's still relevant in terms of APG"
    No it isn't - unless you are entering receipts from shops done at round that time. In which case, if they've not been entered before, you have about one or two days to enter them.

"Can't remember if they compare that price or today's prices"
    They will compare against the latest prices that had for that date. Whatever 9th November ended up with late on the day.

"Let me know if it's any use"
    It's not really of use, except for historical interest. However, I am always interested in everything related to the price comparison schemes whether it is of any use or not. Can I see the M comp.? Might have some item I don't know about that shows as comparing against M that I haven't seen it doing before, whether or not favourably, that could be tracked in M from now on.
  • Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:02AM
    Options
    Evening all!

Just popping in to say hi before bed, and also to say check your emails - I had another Argos email with £5 voucher code, no minimum spend for their 5th day of advent offer. I combined it with a 20% discount code on Barry M and got a nail varnish set for £3.79 instead of £10.99 :j

Can't decide whether that's my Secret Santa present sorted for work or whether I'll keep it as a not-so-secret present for myself :rotfl:
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:20AM
    Options
    Claire1972 wrote: »
    I know I was warned about the t bags but the gift sets compared to Sainsbury's and not tesco

1x Tetley Original Tea Bags (240pk) £6.39 £4.00
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    0.11x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Onion (order by number of onions or select kg) (per kg) £0.08 £0.08
    1x Cadbury Dairy Milk Freddo Chocolate Bar (18g) £0.25 £0.25
    0.17x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £0.35 £0.25
    1x ASDA Chosen By You White Chocolate Buttons (30g) £0.25 N/A
    1x ASDA Chosen By You Ice Cream Sundaes (50g) £0.25 N/A
    3x L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible Sport Gift Set For Him (each) £18.00 £12.00
    Comparison total (compared products only) £25.17 £16.68
    +£8.49 cheaper
    For your information:
    Asda Price Guarantee comparisons are based on prices correct as of date of delivery (online shoppers) or date of purchase (in store customers).
    Where a product comparison price is N/A, either, a) the independent agencies that collect the price data have not found an equivalent product at the named competitor, based on the comparison criteria (see Terms & Conditions) ; or b) the product is part of a particular promotion which makes it difficult for a fair comparison to be made (see Terms & Conditions).
    Comparisons are limited to a maximum of 10 items per product and 10Kg for items sold by weight.
    All prices displayed in red are net of any multibuys savings or discounts. For example items that are £1.47 each which are part of a "2 for £2.50" promotion will be shown at £1.25 each where the customer buys the required quantity. They may therefore be a different price to that shown on your receipt or delivery note.

:(As a result, you ended up obtaining the tea for £3.60, as well as the gift sets for worse than what you'd hoped. Sorry it didn't work. I gave my warning about the tea, as I am so wary of vs T these days having had a number of failed shops against them due to the way they remove items from their website or put them up in price. My warning turned out to be wrong as the tea did pick up T at £2.50; however the gift sets meant it failed. If I had been trying that shop, I probably wouldn't have done it at all as I would have thought the gift sets and the tea would fail against T. If I do a T comp. shop at all these days, I now check t.com meticulously for every item and every precise word as I just don't trust T not to remove an item I am trying to shop for in A and, even after my checking, I will probably still fail:(. To be fair, it was suggested later on that maybe the tea would work against T so you did the right thing then in shopping for it. You needed it anyway, shame about the gift sets. Just get bubbs to do the shopping for them next time:rotfl:. That's what I'd do - I certainly wouldn't be shopping for any, I'm not the expert!
  • Savvybuyer
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:32AM
    Options
    Apparently the Old Roser Cider that I posted had gone down from £15 to £13 in M (at whichever doubtless changing range of stores have it in stock) has now gone down to £10 (:( if you bought it at £13). I wonder if we are to wait now and see if it falls any more?:think:

As soon as I say wait, I am sure it will double in price and never be seen that low again:mad:. So, I don't know what to do: I don't give any advice, I will just put the new price onto the list.

I will see you later:wave:.
  • frequent
    frequent Posts: 4,938 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2017 at 1:37AM
    Options
    1x ASDA Extra Special Mainbrace India Premium Pale Ale (500ml) £1.82 £1.50
    1x ASDA Extra Special Premium Golden Ale (500ml) £1.82 N/A
    1x Sprite Mini Can (150ml) £0.25 N/A
    1x Coca-Cola Mini Can (150ml) £0.25 N/A
    1x Dr Pepper Mini Can (150ml) £0.25 N/A
    1x Fanta Orange Mini Can (150ml) £0.25 N/A
    4x Cadbury Curly Wurly Bar (26g) £1.40 £1.00 (30p chomp trigger)
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Choc Chip Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) £9.16 £6.00
    4x Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisin Breakfast Bakes (6x45g) £9.16 £6.00

Thanks Zippy :cool:

Edit for SB:

1x ASDA Extra Special Mainbrace India Premium Pale Ale (500ml) £1.82 £1.65
    1x ASDA Extra Special Premium Golden Ale (500ml) £1.82 £1.65
    Back to square one, no apg, no comment.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    WARNING - another N/A result on 3/12
    L'Oreal Men Expert Invincible SPORT gift Set for Him works out 70p each

Didn’t compare against T tonight
  • braveheart60uk
    Options
    Morning, WonTwo today.
    I somehow missed a free Star Wars T-Shirt on O3 ?
  • 99p
    99p Posts: 922 Forumite
    Options
    pippo wrote: »
    A's B&H shop says not 8 items .. is that just me? If it is they are going back tomorrow!! (Then I'll buy them again with extras!). I bought 2 types of B&H 5 different choc bars, parsnips and popcorn.

I also got caught out with the dreaded "not enough items", I'm so annoyed with myself as it's a bit of a rookie mistake and I usually always add a banana and a few extra 10p sweets to be safe. I had bought choc bars and 5 soups in addition to my gift sets, a total of 11 items, obviously at least 4 of them didn't compare, (I knew 1 soup and 1 choc bar wouldn't so I was running it close) I was expecting £17 approx. Instead I got nothing. I don't like doing it but they're going back with some lame excuse.

Morning mad squad!
    I do try to keep up but sometimes life gets in the way.
    I'm just a penny short of a pound. Peace and Love.

I've joined the 5:2 club cos mrT made me eat 1p chocolate.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure