Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    Went to my first ever baby shower today. Quite odd really no one got wet at all. :think:

Very lucky mum to be so many presents. :T
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    On the way back popped into Ts and Happy Down was in stock both flavours. :j

Good job I checked CoS though as the more popular raspberry flavour has gone down to only 50p cashback. :(

So I got out my mantra card and came out with neither in protest. :money:
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 August 2018 at 7:50PM
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Hi, are there any triggers in the 5 for £1 kids sweets in a please? thanks :)

Should still be Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 14.4g, either one of two versions if there are two different ones as neither of them is on a.com. And the only version I have if there is only one.

Or "Cadbury Chomp Chocolate Bar 23.5g", that originally wasn't in the mbuy when it started ages ago but which has now been on the mbuy for several months. I do not know whether "Cadbury Chomp 23.5g" is also available and still on the mbuy but, if it is, then it should work too as it is also showing "Unavailable" on a.com.

The above includes the two that are available to me that I have been getting - namely the one version of Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 14.4g I have and "Cadbury Chomp Chocolate Bar 23.5g". The problem is that this is now best only vs Sains. as M is now on 5 for £1 mbuy which doesn't tie in with the use of one of the above as an invisible trigger. HTH.

Why I can't just say Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons and Cadbury Chomp... But I can't, you see, as the two Cadbury Chomps are technically different products and I have to be absolutely and strictly accurate with no deviation from accuracy allowed at all as otherwise that is inaccurate. And accuracy, above everything else, is absolutely vital and important to the world:rotfl:. I also have to specify the weight of the Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons (or Cadbury Buttons?) as otherwise it is not absolutely specific and exact as to which ones they are - even if it's pretty obvious as another weight isn't on the mbuy. Doesn't make any difference on my approach/way of dealing with things, as everything has to be clear, direct and explicit and even the completely obvious needs to be stated as otherwise it's incomplete, imprecise and inexact:rotfl::rotfl:. However, I don't have a description for what I have called "Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 14.4g" from a.com as it isn't on the website so I have just called it that myself, even though, if it was on a.com, it might have said "Cadbury Buttons 14.4g" and then I would have copied that word for word and letter for letter and symbol for symbol - as it's not on the website, I haven't been able to use the description that they use and if you can follow all of what I am saying by this point, you're doing better than me:rotfl:.

The two I have been switching between (depending on what is in stock in my stores and whichever of them I want at the time) have been "Cadbury Chomp Chocolate Bar 23.5g" and what I've called "Cadbury Dairy Milk Buttons 14.4g", although other triggers could be available.
  • LANGO1966
    LANGO1966 Posts: 2,054 Forumite
    Options
    gocat wrote: »
    Anyone got the Oppo Choc & Hazlenut or the Salted Caramel
    A vs W yet please. Was thinking of going to look a my A's again at whoopsie time lol. They didnt have them the other day :( Hopefully restocked.
    tia :)

Salted caramel came back NA
  • SweetnSavvy
    SweetnSavvy Posts: 724 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    A v T today

s (12 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda Tesco
    2x Gillette Blue3 Disposable Razors (4pk) £7.20 £4.00
    1x Tetley Original 160 Tea Bags (160pk) £3.30 £2.00
    1x ASDA Seedless Raisins (1kg) £2.85 £3.00
    1x Robinsons No Added Sugar Orange Squash (1l) £1.00 £1.00
    4x ASDA Tomato Juice (1l) £2.76 £3.20
    2x ASDA Grower's Selection Red Pepper (each) £1.00 £0.82
    1x Robinsons No Added Sugar Fruit & Barley Pink Grapefruit Squash (1lt) £1.00 £1.00
    1x Billington's Light Brown Soft Natural Unrefined Cane Sugar (1k) £1.88 N/A
    1x ASDA Indian Chicken Jalfrezi & Tikka Masala with 1 Starter & 2 Sides (1320g) £7.00 £3.64
    1x ASDA Semi Skimmed Milk (1pt) £0.49 £0.50
    1x Pro Foot Soft Gel Corn Wraps 3 Pack (3pk) £2.70 £2.95
    1x Fixodent Plus Food Seal Denture Adhesive Cream (40g) £3.00 £3.00
    1x Kenco Millicano Americano Instant Coffee (170g) £4.00 £3.25
    Comparison total (compared products only) £36.30 £28.36

SnS
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,068 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    We have a few days away this month somewhere that has most of the chain restaurants and I am just figuring out the various offers that would work best together with the least amount of real money - most discounts dont apply on a Saturday though.

2 of my ideas have hit the wayside already :(

So I've got to figure out

2 breakfast meals - I think I will go crackers if we end up in Greggs again but I do have £2 credit on my app.
    I've got Bella Italia £5 gift voucher to use but I still think £5 is too much for a Bella Italia breakfast.
    I did have a good Groupon breakfast offer which would have been perfect for Sunday morning but the wretched link would never work so I've cancelled and refunded, really mad about this. Sunday could be a long day so we could really have done with a substantial breakfast to see us through.

1 lunch - could be the Costa lunch deal if its still going.
    Or the £5 Bella Italia meal deal from wuntoo but its going to be Saturday so I don't know if Saturdays are allowed.
    Or Pizza Express with 0002 and gift vouchers.
    We were going to go on a train trip somewhere so then we would have got lunch bits from marks to take with us - it looks like there will be a train strike that Saturday so we are going to be in town all day.

3 evening meals - one will be Ikea so just 2 to figure out. I think though Saturday is when I don't think any of the discount codes work. Ideally I suppose it would make more sense to do Ikea on Saturday evening and use codes with vouchers on the other evenings
    I've got Pizza Express gift vouchers and OO2 so that could be one evening meal. or I've got Bella Italia £5 gift voucher with a 40% off code.
    I think there is a Zizzi which is on 0002.
    No Caf! Rouge though for using any wintoos offers.

Wondering what else ...

Have to look at the MSE meal deals list to see if I've missed anything.
    I've got Costa evouchers and points for coffees and Neros for ice drinks so the inbetween bits are sorted out.
    Nectar / tosco points for Sat Night?

Did anyone notice there was no nectar pizza express / vue double up this summer :(

Oh, also free drinkie from !!!!!! cafeee from magazeen. I liked the mango and passion fruit.
    !!!!!!%20drink.jpg
    A kind Tosco CS on facebook spent the time to go through all the 'local' Ts to find one that had a Tesco branded cafe (rather than giraffe, Hoole and Harris etc that don't qualify) so there will be a 15 mile trip to about the 8th nearest big T at some point - lucky we have a leccy car charged from our solar panels so this time of year miles are free.
    I think....
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 47,072 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    For those looking for meal out deals, Virgin red app often has bella italia deals for £5.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    cjj wrote: »
    IMG_20180804_074827.jpg

Thanks tweets & Elaine. Sorry I will get a better one as this was taken in a dark room very early this morning xx

What big long legs:)

And beautiful big eyes.

Gorgeous cjj.

Thanks for lightening the photo Mary poppins:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Feeling so sad that the body of that young woman has been found near Stoke....three men? Really?:o:mad::mad::mad:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Horsey news:o

Our big lads leg is no better:o

He's had the bandage changed but is still limping badly:o

He's had it soaking in hot water tonight.

I have everything crossed that he gets better soon:o
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business