Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Arthien
    Arthien Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know it is not M&S, but have you looked at Bags Etc, I get my handbags from there and they are good quality.

Thanks Enterprise, I'd not heard of that site before. I had a look but i didn't see anything suitable for DH, I'm after a brown soft leather laptop or messenger bag. I was looking at Ted Baker originally but the prices are :eek::eek:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Arthien wrote: »
    Evening all!

Planning to get some more presents sorted tonight/tomorrow, would be good it have things sorted and stress free for December!

Sorry about your FIL HornetGirl, thinking of you and your DH.

I've been doing the research for weeks and had most things saved on Amazon - took an hour to do the final ordering this afternoon so just the 3 big things to find now ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Arthien
    Options
    lesliejack wrote: »
    In Sainsbugs the other day was a Bletchley Park quiz book, see if you would have been good enough to be selected to work there, only £3.99 I think. By the tills. Could make a nice little present?
    Sorry can't remember the exact name, but could probably find out if you wanted me to. x

Ooh the sounds good, I could wrap the tickets in a book as a disguise :D

Was it this one? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bletchley-Park-Brainteasers-Sinclair-McKay/dp/1472252608
  • diluvsdiscounts
    Options
    So sorry Di....

2mc7n0i.jpg
    pippo wrote: »
    So sorry to hear of your sad loss, remember the good times.
    Pip
    Thank you, we've spent the last three days remembering all the good times we had, he was so full of fun before the parkinsons and dementia took a hold, weve been looking through old photos too which has helped me remember how he was rather than how he'sbeen these last couple of years.

Hornet girl so sorry for your loss, you have been on my mind for a while as i thought i hadnt seen you posting.
    i've just been lookin at that but couldnt work out if that journey qualifed as it said seats from £5.my head is hurtin from having a run in with tesco credit cards all day so i am probably being a little slow.:o
    Sending that winevyour way:rotfl: I'd better get a shifty on we're out for a family meal tonight , why oh why did I go out for lunch when I'm out tonight, I'll never learn:rotfl:
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    I saw this in As today on 3 4 2 Dove shampoo and conditioners........Morries have them at £1:50....If they compare they work out at 52p each....Someone check my sums please...Thank you...

There are three different ones but my camera only showed the two..but I'm sure the coconut one is included too...

Dove Nourishing Secrets Strengthening Ritual Shampoo 250ml Price £2.70(£1.08 per 100ml)
    Dove Nourishing Secrets Strengthening Ritual Conditioner 250ml Price £2.70(£1.08 per 100ml)
    Dove Nourishing Secrets Thickening Ritual Shampoo 250ml Price £2.70(£1.08 per 100ml)
    Dove Nourishing Secrets Thickening Ritual Conditioner 250ml Price £2.70(£1.08 per 100ml)
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Arthien
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I am still stuck on finding the perfect Arcacia chopping board with little drawers underneath, the pan set (not copper, Teflon coated) and the knife set - wooden block (not jazzy colours or steel)
    Any help appreciated please :D

I know it's been mentioned already, but Homesense is amazing for this kind of thing, it's the homeware section of TkMaxx without the stress of clothes that may or may not fit :rotfl:
  • Arthien
    Options
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    Well done!

I think I'll just avoid leaving a Lycamobile sim in the spare phone from now on.

I could be wrong but I didn't think android pay had any connection to who your service provider is? It's available on android phones which have NFC enabled (NFC is kind of like a Bluetooth connection but it's not an option on iPhones and is only on certain, generally newer, android phones)
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    I think its the three meats for £10 if such a thing existed.

I got the 5 tins of Heinz tomato soup which are on offer and also on PYO but these are a bit heavy to lug around.

Have a look at shopimum - I got the free Bahlsen wafflettes £1.70 the other day and the honeycomb dips £3 but these have £2 cahsback. Also the melon drink which is free but it must be hard to find as its been on the list for a long time.

so that's about £13 to start with even without the melon drink
    newspaper - best ones are £1.60 or £2
    magazine £2
    drinks magazine £2
    coffee £2.15 ??
    bahlsen £1.79
    honeycombs £3

Thanks I’ve been there hours sometimes trying to use up my 4 £8 off a £40 spend all in one go. Everything’s dearer and it defeats the object I feel if I buy dear things. Atm I don’t feel like going lol
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Thanks I’ve been there hours sometimes trying to use up my 4 £8 off a £40 spend all in one go. Everything’s dearer and it defeats the object I feel if I buy dear things. Atm I don’t feel like going lol

Even though ours is a tiny waitrose it still totally overwhelms me, so over priced - I can just about manage my little £10 shops for a few cashback items.
    I have though found a very nice elderly chap who mans the tills at the weekend and he always compliments me on my shopping prowess at getting my totals down to a few pounds so if he is working that gives me a bit more confidence :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    I saw the OGX Shampoos and Conditioners in the 3 4 2 offers too

Asda are 6:99 v Morries 5.00.... My sums tell me they will work out to £2:47 each on comparison...This has not been tested...Please/thank you check my arithmatic
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure