Options

Comments

• izzeyb
    izzeyb Posts: 5,265 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Chris :T

Did 3 separate shops, all the same. APG £3.30

10 items (8 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    0.01x ASDA Grower's Selection Thin Chillies (per kg) £0.03 N/A
    0.13x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Banana (order by number of bananas or select kg) (per kg) £0.10 N/A
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Cherry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    0.1x ASDA Grower's Selection Loose Carrot (order by number of carrots or select kg) (per kg) £0.06 £0.06
    1x Muller Rice Strawberry Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Rice Apple Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Raspberry & Cranberry Yogurt (175g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Rice Original Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Light Fat Free Rhubarb Crumble Yogurt (165g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Rice Vanilla Custard Low Fat Dessert (1x180g) £1.36 £0.70
    Comparison total (compared products only) £6.18 £3.21
    +£2.97 cheaper

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy Birthday to three lovely ladies, enjoy your day.

Thank you for all your kind wishes.
    So sorry to hear of your sad loss, remember the good times.
    Pip
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Happy birthday TM, Saversue and Silvercar :bdaycake:

I’m afraid I wasn’t able to keep up whilst on holiday as FIL sadly passed away whilst we were away. He was still undergoing a battery of tests and awaiting a biopsy, but when he went in for it they couldn’t do it as he had a chest infection. Treated that and released him after two days and he died at home that same evening :(
    He had been waiting since May for a diagnosis which he never got, even though we were all pretty sure what was wrong. Yet the coroner was able to confirm it almost immediately, although interim death certificate still awaited. Off to see DH’s sister shortly regarding funeral arrangements.

LEJC, so sorry I’m not up to speed but the last I read, from about a week ago, it looks like a (((x))) is in order. Hope you’re ok.
    Condolences to you too HG.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2017 at 5:54PM
    Options
    COS - just my account today had 2 free happy Downs - I thought I'd used all of my allowance but seemingly not.
    Has anyone tried this stuff - in fact how do you drink it, straight from the can or in cute cocktail glasses with umbrellas?

Today from AP - 8 draws, £5 Greggs and £5 Marks - good enough

This afternoon the budget has been thrown out of the window.

I've booked a hotel room night for next year and cancelled the one I had on hold, another job ticked off the list.
    Otherwise I have ordered everything else on the saved list - the peculiar £5 Amazon promised me for the cancelled order also kicked in or at least £3.99 did.
    All the parcels are coming between tomorrow and Monday hopefully but the wrapping will wait.
    And I have to top up the Amazon credit again :).

I am still stuck on finding the perfect Arcacia chopping board with little drawers underneath, the pan set (not copper, Teflon coated) and the knife set - wooden block (not jazzy colours or steel)
    Any help appreciated please :D
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    edited 23 November 2017 at 5:41PM
    Options
    MHOC...knives ....have you had a look at the jamie oliver sets...I'm not a fan of celeb endorsed stuff usually...but I've had a set of his knives for a fair few years now and they are really good...John Lewis...but not cheap!

I know you are not always a fan of tx maxx either,but do have a look in their home section as they do get some good sets of knives there occasionally too....I know someone else mentioned them too earlier in the week but I can't remember who...We got DS a very good set earlier in the year for about £80 reduced from well over £100 I can't think of the brand but DS has a fetish for all things kitchen and gadgety and they went down really well with him!
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    aau1 wrote: »
    It's worth checking the app again tomorrow afternoon for new offers

‘Tis a shame. Now 1000 points in seat sale but I don’t need to travel again before 14 January. I think my little one might be on the move again!
  • mhoc
    Options
    On 10ways there is a set of numbers/letters for casual wear on Moss and a link which when you put the promotional code in the box gives 50% off.

Sadly didn't work on the fancy socks I was looking at - cant understand why socks are not casual wear :(

But out of curiosity I put a £150 jacket into the basket, applied the code and it took half off and free delivery - it might solve some gift problems????

also 10% on Quidco so you could just get some nice jumpers - don't forget to activate the bonus box and spend over about £15 or more (allowing for the 50% and then vat) to get the £2.50 bonus
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • LEJC
    LEJC Posts: 9,618 Forumite
    Options
    And whilst I went looking online for the knives at TKM to see if I could remember the packaging....I came across brabantia pans etc....any good?
    frugal October...£41.82 of £40 food shopping spend for the 2 of us!

2017 toiletries challenge 179 out 145 in ...£18.64 spend
  • mhoc
    edited 23 November 2017 at 7:08PM
    Options
    LEJC wrote: »
    MHOC...knives ....have you had a look at the jamie oliver sets...I'm not a fan of celeb endorsed stuff usually...but I've had a set of his knives for a fair few years now and they are really good...John Lewis...but not cheap!

I know you are not always a fan of tx maxx either,but do have a look in their home section as they do get some good sets of knives there occasionally too....I know someone else mentioned them too earlier in the week but I can't remember who...We got DS a very good set earlier in the year for about £80 reduced from well over £100 I can't think of the brand but DS has a fetish for all things kitchen and gadgety and they went down really well with him!

We actually have a TKMax on the retail park, have to grit teeth and go very early tomorrow for a look see at their knife sets and wooden chop boards and pan sets.

(it also has Marks so I can do a return and use a AP code plus an Aldi so I can go gin hunting, so three jobs in once place and free parking : )

I've actually got Eldest son the Jamie Oliver 5 ingredients book, ordered this afternoon. Eldest child and her OH were visiting them a few weeks ago and she said that because of work etc they are ordering take- aways and pizzas far too often so she suggested this book for them - they both cook so they just need to do simple things and this might be a good reboot.
    He wants wooden knife block as they live in a traditional cottage.

Oddly enough Eldest child also wanted a knife block but an all steel one so I've ordered hers - she just sends me loads of pics of the style of thing she wants, very straight forward
  • bargainqueen8
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    ‘Tis a shame. Now 1000 points in seat sale but I don’t need to travel again before 14 January. I think my little one might be on the move again!

i've just been lookin at that but couldnt work out if that journey qualifed as it said seats from £5.my head is hurtin from having a run in with tesco credit cards all day so i am probably being a little slow.:o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure