Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Snap-ant was yesterday's smartest player! :j:j:j

20 players played

http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Tuesday): General Knowledge 3 : Average
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all :D

Another one back to work today, and I could have taken the day off too :o

Re the fage total yogurt - I must have seen the answer to this a hundred times and then some but not paid any attention because i wasnt using COS - presumably we cant claim off Clicksnap and COS for the same thing?
    You can, as long as you buy two on different receipts, one receipt for COS and the other for CS.
  • shirley999
    shirley999 Posts: 1,937 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Wondering if the Mango and Lychee limited edition Muller would work instead of the donut flavour? The stores that I pass today don't stock the other 2 flavours, does anyone know please?
    Tia.
    I'm sure that flavour is on asda's grocery site, so no it won't work.
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    My big news.

Errant son has started his phase 1 training. He went down via train yesterday to his base. This part of the course takes 14 weeks and they all do it, its the basic "How to be a soldier" course - everyone whatever trade they go on to do takes this course.

He took his oath of allegiance yesterday afternoon - this is akin to another birth day. When Eldest son did his it was done at the local recruitment office and conducted by a major with the families to witness so it was a very significant occasion, its sad that they don't do it this way now.

I assumed that phones would be confiscated by now but we are still getting one word messages - this morning I had a "Morning" at 7.30 - probably he just messages as he goes in and out of his locker.

Anyway its quite something to get your head around - I am now mum to do serving personnel.

So again we have an empty nest to adjust to and its going to take some getting used to again. So far we have just been trying to clear the clutter away and round up all of the stuff left behind - all of Errant sons stuff is still in his room as they take minimal personal stuff with them - not even their cars.

OH has been home for a week as he is on sick leave but he has been very good, keeping me motivated so I don't start moping. I don't suppose the full brunt will happen until he goes back to work and the house is empty in the daytime.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • marmitelovemehateme
    Options
    Good morning....Another corker of a day on the cards.....:j:j

Happy Days folk!

:wave:
    [STRIKE]68 [STRIKE]Mouses[/STRIKE] [/STRIKE]

OMG, I'm rich! Silver in the hair, Gold in the teeff, Crystals in the Kidney, Sugar in the blood, Lead in the butt, Iron in the arteries and an inexhaustible supply of natural gas! I never thought I would accumulate such wealth!! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :A

thanks tweets - you know when I'm in a tizz xx

Had all sorts of ghastly stuff to deal with yesterday including a locked up foot AGAIN :o

Hopefully all sorted now, some robbing B has emptied my account - I really cannot understand how this has happened as I'm so secure with my card :(:( feel violated :o
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check your VRed - it has a chance to win a free Bella I meal (or £5 main voucher).

I won a £5 voucher.

Anon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning all, another lovely day :D

mhoc I hope non-errant son does well in his basic training, enjoy the peace and quiet :D

As for kitchen gadgets, the only one I had and didn't use was a smoothie maker. I have a bread maker I use weekly, a soup maker I use weekly, an actifry that makes great roast potatoes and the waffle maker gets used on pancake day and occasionally at other times. I have a spare soup maker, two spare kettles and about three spare toasters.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :A

thanks tweets - you know when I'm in a tizz xx

Had all sorts of ghastly stuff to deal with yesterday including a locked up foot AGAIN :o

Hopefully all sorted now, some robbing B has emptied my account - I really cannot understand how this has happened as I'm so secure with my card :(:( feel violated :o

Oh snap, that is horrible :( Unfortunately it is getting easier and easier to duplicate a card with technology these days. At least the banks are obliged to rectify non-fault situations like that.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Snap-ant
    Snap-ant Posts: 15,944 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :)

And Mr Savage behind us now has an air soft gun. Spent yesterday listening to him firing it.
    We keep finding the pellets in our garden :mad:
    Looked up legal stuff & he can fire in his garden but not let the pellets ricochet into other properties..
    Our Family Motto ~
    If all else fails - read the instructions...

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure