Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Morning all

Its a pity that that Kate and William already have a George if the new baby is born today ...

Yes it is, that would so fitting. :)

I will never forget St Georges Day, as it's 5 years today since my mum passed :A
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Asda were selling off the Heinz tiny bottles today for 60p...I think they were 250g.

Welcome home SSM.

Do you have any wedding pics you dare show us:D

Thanks, I have not figured out how to post pictures since all the changes........ but this is the happy couple....

https://www.rangefinderonline.com/news-features/photo-of-the-day/a-simple-gesture-of-love/

Sorry if it is a dirty link - that is all beyond my capacity!
  • gocat
    gocat Posts: 5,905 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Morning all

Its a pity that that Kate and William already have a George if the new baby is born today ...
    Can have georgette if its a girl :rotfl:
    I do know at least 2 families that chose Lisa and Lee for their son and daughter. I think of Lee as a shortened version of Lisa. :eek:
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    edited 23 April 2018 at 11:10AM
    Options
    Excellent price if you wanted one, echo 2nd gen for £52 if you have a prime student account.
    Edit: Dpwnload the toolbar app to get a further £5 off.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    I just remembered that I think somebody was asking about the £1000 trading allowance.

As far as I understand it if your turnover is less than £1000 you don't have to declare anything to HMRC. However if your turnover is over £1000 you have a choice. Either you deduct the £1000 from your turnover and then are taxed on everything over this and you can't deduct any more expenses (mileage, bills, etc etc). Or, you don't use the £1000 at all and just declare all earnings and expenses as usual.

I hope that makes sense!

I started Mystery Shopping myself in January and I do quite a lot of it now around my full-time job.
  • Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    I just remembered that I think somebody was asking about the £1000 trading allowance.

As far as I understand it if your turnover is less than £1000 you don't have to declare anything to HMRC. However if your turnover is over £1000 you have a choice. Either you deduct the £1000 from your turnover and then are taxed on everything over this and you can't deduct any more expenses (mileage, bills, etc etc). Or, you don't use the £1000 at all and just declare all earnings and expenses as usual.

I hope that makes sense!

I started Mystery Shopping myself in January and I do quite a lot of it now around my full-time job.

I read somewhere that this allowance was brought in for tax year 2017/2018 but was quietly withdrawn for this tax year before the last election. :(

I'll see if I can find anything...and it's the same allowance we are talking about.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    HILLBERN wrote: »
    hello welcome back, did you have a wonderful time, tell us all about it ...pics???

sorry I cant get you up to speed I haven't had time to catch up properly myself

Yes thanks x
    gocat wrote: »
    Morning all :wave:

Went to T's yesterday. Managed to get a few mags. Went to look for the £12 toothpaste, nothing there.
    Also went to collect an order from T's. Totally forgot :o:o:o
    So now another journey to T's. Petrol wasted :eek:
    Anyone know how long they keep the click and collect orders (not grocery).
    tia :)

What!!!!!!

This must be a joke £12 for toothpaste!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  • Freewheeling
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I read somewhere that this allowance was brought in for tax year 2017/2018 but was quietly withdrawn for this tax year before the last election. :(

I'll see if I can find anything...and it's the same allowance we are talking about.

Thanks TinyShoes. That'd be a real shame if it got withdrawn, it sounded like such a good idea for people who just do a bit 'on the side'. I'm not sure how useful it'd actually be for mystery shopping though as a lot of jobs ask you to buy something (which gets reimbursed), so your turnover ends up being very high compared to your profit.
  • Freewheeling
    Options

What!!!!!!

This must be a joke £12 for toothpaste!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Haha! That's what I've been thinking! I normally look for the cheapest toothpaste possible.
  • zippydooda
    zippydooda Posts: 16,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Haha! That's what I've been thinking! I normally look for the cheapest toothpaste possible.

It does work out at £2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport