Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• elainemn
    elainemn Posts: 3,777 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Muller Rice or light 12 for £3.00 at Tesco until just after Easter so if we buy 11 of 1 it should glitch. Would that make them just under £1 for 12?
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sarahskint wrote: »
    morning all - cheap make up on boots!!

342 and half price no.17 - your welcome :D

2 DD's will be over the moon xx

watch out if picking nail varnishes as not all work and you need 3 of the same item for it to be the cheapest x
    Thanks for this :D
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

Two years yesterday I gave up smoking :D:D
    :T:T:T:T well done , i was 3 yrs jan, cant believe i did either:eek:
    Saversue wrote: »
    Who's a silly sausage ?
    Thought I better get some red wine, didn't really want it, just seem to have got carried away by this glitch, it's getting too addictive. Hardly ever drink and a full bottle is far too much for me on my own.

Anyway, forgot about the 10 maximum, and bought 12 !!!!!
    Got an apg for £19 98, so think I lost £3.00 or £4.00, could have been a lot worse, but even more annoying was when I came to part-pay with recycled apg for £24.00 the receipt had vanished, big que and supervisor called, already credited a small apg, so couldn't suspend transaction :eek:

Had to pay CASH :( Then found the receipt on the floor by the till :o
    Phewwww glad you found it x
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elainemn wrote: »
    Muller Rice or light 12 for £3.00 at Tesco until just after Easter so if we buy 11 of 1 it should glitch. Would that make them just under £1 for 12?

I don't think T BG breaks over 10, only A.

Anon
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Well done on the no smoking Snap (and Bubbs), although I struggle to believe how long it has been :eek:

We've been to McArthurGlen today, picked up a few bits, had a good day out, then on the way back visited a pet shop with a few gorgeous birds in it, but not the ones we are after. We've changed our minds anyway, thinking about getting a sun conure now.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    emerald21 wrote: »
    Statins are ok well they are for me anyway . I ve been on them for over 20years due to inherited high cholesterol .

Our local Asda in their wisdom have decided that they will only take apg s if the credit card numbers match the ones on the apg huh Anyone else had this ? I hate our store lol . !!!!!! s.

Hmm, score them out, if they ask, tell them you had your identity stolen a few years ago, so you don't trust anything appearing on paper, even a partial card number. If they ask more, don't give anything and ask if this is company policy to ask these sort of questions. If they say they will just use the computer system to check, ask for their Head Office number as you think that allowing staff to look up customers must be a definate security breach that needs highlighting. :cool::cool:. Always leave the silence for them to fill, makes them uncomfortable LOL.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I did call V M retentions to give them another chance to call back. After going through my account notes he said as I rejected the deal in the first callback, that was my chance and there would be no more calls or deals. That was their best offer. If it was, it was nowhere near deals mentioned on HUKD or here :(.

Anon
  • lalli_pickle
    Options
    SSM have you tried telling them you used apple/Android pay as both methods use an imaginary credit card number that bears no relation to yours. Will only work if they paid contactless I’d imagine.

In glitch news, the microwave bus burgers are still 10p each of you buy in 6s in big Tesco. My store doesn’t say metro or anything on the receipt but the website says superstore. I think someone said the metros don’t work but mine doesn’t stock them for me to try.
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    I did call V M retentions to give them another chance to call back. After going through my account notes he said as I rejected the deal in the first callback, that was my chance and there would be no more calls or deals. That was their best offer. If it was, it was nowhere near deals mentioned on HUKD or here :(.

Anon

That is a nuisance. We must have struck very lucky on our callback.

Still, onwards and upwards, you should have your BB back tomorrow, when that ends you will be able to go back to VM as a new customer if you want to.
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Snap any have your new 10p's arrived yet? Mine arrived today :)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :lovethougYou do remember well :D , yes ghastly muscle ripping cough & cold. Couldn't smoke so tried a vape & have never looked back :D
    Touching wood as I type - I haven't had a bad cold since :)
    :o I have nightmares now of being forced to smoke :o:o

:rotfl::rotfl:

Credit too to Bubbs for Liquids :kisses3:
    I have never had a cold or cough since i packed up either:T:T hope i am not tempting fate :o
    I cant fault the liquid company, so quick to deliver and it was DM that told me about it
    elainemn wrote: »
    Chrisv wrote: »
    Perfect timing Elaine :T my yog mountain is almost depleted :)

12 would cost £6.72 in A's.

Compare 11+1 at £7.48 v £2.70. APG £4.78, so £1.94 for 12, just over 16p each.

Edit - corners included too :)
    If and thats a big IF my store has 11 of one in the morning i will try :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure