Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Afternoon all :D
    Brilliant news Di:T:T
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Birthday DM :bdaycake:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • fernie1
    fernie1 Posts: 1,127 Forumite
    Options
    Great news di, get well soon x
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am two days behind and will try and catch up at some point.

Just rang virgin to give notice, retentions team said they could do me a deal and increase my price for the same as I get now from £15 to 'only' £35 - I am a bad person, I laughed at the CS agent :(

Probably going to sign up with BT for 110 mastercard and 180 cashback and hope for a get out of contract free price rise within the 18 months.
    I think....
  • fuzzgun19
    fuzzgun19 Posts: 7,767 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Gweggs app giving a free bottle of Lucozade, it says Original/Orange/Cherry. This was on a new account I made today.
    I Hate Jobsworths!!!
  • diluvsdiscounts
    diluvsdiscounts Posts: 4,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks everyone just waiting for my medication and then im off home. Oh has done a run to the car with the wine. It's was a bit awkward as I changed onto a ward whilstbi was in theatre so they moved my wine into the office but apparently the staff thought it was for them. It's the biggest ward you've seen in your life and you can't give to some and not others.
    So hopefully not long now you've all kept me going thank you x
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    did you get your malfunctioning sim working again? Still waiting for the new sims to arrive so I am going to have to use one of my full loyalty cards today.

I found this about deactivated cards

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-and-Feedback/Deactivated-sim-card/td-p/837815

So a card is only valid for 999 days untopped up - nearly 3 years, most of our cards are newer than that.
    But you have to make a chargeable call every 6 months and I think this might be the problem.
    If you put your Simm in and ring the number to check your balance - does this count as its a free call? Possibly not.

I've been getting OH to put my simm into my phone about once a month and then I do any updates as need be but I am not sure if this is enough to keep a simmm activated?

To check your Pay As You Go balance:

1.Press Hotkey 2 on your mobile phone.
    2.Key *#10# then press the call button.
    3.Dial 4444 for free from your mobile.
    You only need an active sim when you first set up or if you change phone or if they do a new version (not just an update) of the app - otherwise you can carry on using the same sim log after it has expired. It is possible that receiving a call also keeps the sim alive.
    Ah, just popped a brand new sim into my "text phone and put number and code into my real phone, worked a treat :T:T

I read on one thread that you also need droid version 5 or higher for the app to work. My phone is 5.1.1 thankfully, gonna disable auto updates so it doesn't need higher version than I have

That is not true - with any version of android there is a browser based version of priority which you register in the same way and then works the same as the app - not sure if you can get the browser based version to register on a phone without an o2 sim card in it just by using the code texted to the phone with the sim in it but each sim card can only ever have priority active on one device.
    I think....
  • braveheart60uk
    braveheart60uk Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    michaels wrote: »
    You only need an active sim when you first set up or if you change phone or if they do a new version (not just an update) of the app - otherwise you can carry on using the same sim log after it has expired. It is possible that receiving a call also keeps the sim alive.

That is not true - with any version of android there is a browser based version of priority which you register in the same way and then works the same as the app - not sure if you can get the browser based version to register on a phone without an o2 sim card in it just by using the code texted to the phone with the sim in it but each sim card can only ever have priority active on one device.

I didn't know it was also browser based. For the app, there appears to have been some discussion on O2 threads and an updaye came on my phone this afternoon, a glitch fix I think. I will remembert the browser based and look into it too.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 6:02PM
    Options
    Back from theatre all done and they're talking about me going homeo:T

I know home is best, so take it easy and also take all the help you are offered I am so pleased for you (((x))))
  • ChelseaFred
    ChelseaFred Posts: 509 Forumite
    edited 6 March 2018 at 5:59PM
    Options
    :hello:Hi all

Sorry to have been MIA, been a bit hectic since I retired:D

Busy weekend of Family Celebrations with my Birthday & Retirement, DS2's Birthday & SIL/BIL Ruby Wedding:beer: Had a day Tractor driving yesterday on other BIL's farm.

Anyway I can also confirm the WB Shiraz is working today, I am nicely stocked up now:j and also the F Prosecco - but £23+ APG for 6:eek: Oops!

ChelseaFred:)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport