🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    image.jpg

Now we need to know what services :rotfl::rotfl: and next time you are down this way, stop and speak:p
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    I will. And you. Can’t imagine being up that early!

Thats why im knackered, i usually get up at 5.30 but them 10 mins and extra driving have done me in, add this week the dog walking:rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    We got our free John Lewis cake and coffee today. I had the chocolate orange one which is my new favourite

92_E34383-77_AB-4_AA8-_BE13-1_FF84_DA2_D12_F.jpg

I did suggest to OH that we could go to Liverpool this weekend. He says there are no trains just a rail replacement service - they cant honestly still be refurbishing the line ... must have been going on now for months on end ...
    I do have another plan for getting to another John Lewis ...
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    LIttleOwl wrote: »
    Morries - found free sample packs of 'Always Discreet' products hanging on clipstrips in H&B aisle.

Packs also contained vouchers for £1 & £3 off valid until end March 2018. x

Thanks for this - you've found something I haven't got, despite visiting a dozen stores. I obviously wasn't opening my eyes. I don't know what the chances of finding these at other stores are - M often have a 'random' item hanging from a clipstrip in a store, and then another 'random' item or two in another store. I have found such a random clipstrip item in one of the places I visited, not as good as free though. I shan't be going straight back out to M (whichever store, probably different, that I might pick) to look for these sample packs as I have got what I have got now (if you can give me specific details of these "Always Discreet" items, detail as to the precise type of product they are, flavour or size and weight or volume, I will add them to the list).

If anyone has been wondering where I have been, I have been in M the last couple of days (Wednesday and yesterday) doing an incomplete price collection of whatever good items my stores want to present to me. It was a difficult price collection near the beginning, trying to work out what prices items actually are as well as struggling to find some items. This time, there have been so many conflicts between store SELs (on which I mainly rely) and I had prices going different ways in different stores, leaving me not sure whether some of the items were going onto offer or coming off offer. I had three different prices for the C&B Best of... soups from my first three stores, though they do seem to have settled on being 60p in my further stores - I have not scanned any of them but that is what I have ended up thinking they are, so that is now the price I have. I have items showing increased full prices when they have gone down even lower than before on RTC.

As for struggling to find items, that has settled down at later stores and I've found many of the items again though, in some sense, I always struggle to find things every time I do a price collection as I never have every item that I had before.

If you are trying to do a crisps/snacks shop vs M, do not rely on the list as much of it has changed in M now. Walkers standard 6 pack and Oven Baked Crisps are now full price and Mini Cheddars all versions are believed to be off - it's onto Kettle Bites straight £1 although as from when I am not sure as I didn't see what the position was on Monday. The Kettle 5x30g mbuy is believed to be on - but, obviously, no mix beyond Kettle 5x30g as 2 for £2 mbuy with one item only and straight £1 on another do not mix. Ritz Bakefuls are full price in M - that has been scanned and I think they probably went to full price about two weeks ago. The problem I have is that one of my stores went to full price SEL about 3/4 weeks ago but my other just two back then were still showing £1 and they scanned at £1 so the store that lost the £1 label was wrong. I have had another go to full price recently but the other one continually show £1, so wasn't sure if the offer had really ended then or not. Whether it had or hadn't, clearly they are full price now. The Tayto Variety crisps are also showing me full price in the places I have those (and the Cheese & Onion was always showing full price and was never believed to have been on offer price) so I think those are off too.

Elsewhere I have the Cadbury Chocolate Hot Pudding showing me full price in all but one of the places where I have it, but most of my stores that have it are wrong and it is actually on offer price. It's therefore not been easy finding some of the actual prices from instore, although I now think, after 12 stores this time, that I am getting closer to the correct prices. The only place I have the pudding showing offer price is a suspected price collection store, so hopefully they have better stores than I have overall:rotfl:. I didn't initially think it would be worth going to what turned out to be my final store as I thought it would merely duplicate two ranges that I had in another store - however, in the end, I am glad I went as it did add more information and has also corrected one item that appears to have gone to full price and is no longer on RTC - it's now cheaper buying it at full price in Aldi (and can still save in Aldi even compared to M's new mbuy price although Aldi is still now more expensive than the RTC). The final M did give me further information after which I think I am still incomplete (and the clipstrip Always Discreet proves it). New items in every store.

It will take some time to update the list from 12 stores and I have now given myself a long stop of Wednesday 31 January to update it by, by which time some of it will be out of date. I think I will miss Monday and I will probably miss Wednesday too and may be left updating from online again for a few weeks until I try to go out and get things back up to date.

I will keep doing the updating from what I now have, apart from anything already expired by the time I reach it, and it may take some time before the expired items are removed as it's one of those "complex set of changes" days again where it's best, from my POV, to work through what I have and delete what is expired as and when I get to it in the pages rather than delete everything believed to have expired at the outset and then have to spend time on the same items a second time, then checking whether or not each of them was deleted before (and every one of the probably over 1,000 items I have noted, some several times from different stores, each has to be checked individually).

Later it will be time to look at hotukdeals to see if any good items have been found in M that I haven't got:rotfl:.

Again, I think I have done rather well though (and hopefully the outcome of my results will be here not too long away).

I suspect very few people will now have this item around but never mind:
    Savvybuyer wrote: »
    Frozen
    [...]
    Aunt Bessie's Sweet Potato Cajun Slices (450g)£1.00 ?

Notice the question mark at the end as that is all-important. This was updated from seeing it vanish online and I was left with a query over this item. It had vanished in the limited number of nearby stores I have been confined to for not many of the last few weeks and having to rely on online to try to update the list. I put the question mark over the item as the disappearance from online and my stores, such as I went to them, in the last several weeks didn't mean it wasn't available in M. I suspected that this item had tried to sneak onto RTC without notifying me about itself doing so. Indeed, it tried to get away undetected but it has now failed to do so. It is now 75p - I think 75p RTC. I have not seen any RTC SELs or any SELs for it now anywhere - however, I managed to find a single pack in the shelving of one of my stores and that has allowed me to see that it scans at 75p 'clearance' price.

I have it showing as much more expensive in Ocado online and it's obviously now a bit better than it was in M (unfortunately I suspect many people will find it has already gone from their stores as it sneaked onto RTC and was sold when they weren't there, just like it did with myself being absent from the stores - however stores could bring more stock out from time to time and may be worth having a look to see if you have it if you want it).

Also showing more expensive in Ocado are lots of different "Tree of Life" products - indeed, Ocado is the only place showing as having them on msm. I can however confirm that M has a substantial range of them and, as of Wednesday, I had them all showing 20p More points offer - I have only details of a couple that were already lower-priced as there is no way that I can take the full details of every one of the items this time - I had literally 10 minutes in the one store that has them for me and it is not a question of simply being able to drive a few minutes down the road to have a look. I therefore can't say when the points offer ends or not or know about whether it has ended - however, all I can say is that I had them on Wednesday and the points offer was showing on them in my store then.

I also have completely separate items elsewhere, some from the Thursday stores and usual problem again of a couple showing an offer price that are items I didn't see in the Wednesday stores so can't say whether they were on offer on Wednesday and only went on Thursday or not - and for all I know it could have been an expired offer from month's ago in the one store I now had that was never taken down from the display - hence why, if I had them, they were showing full price elsewhere but I didn't see them as far as I know on the Wednesday and wouldn't have noticed them if they were showing full price. I will have a look at online to see if the offer is on (last time, I had it on in one store but the offer had expired online so was one store with the situation of not changing the SEL that should have been changed as the offer was believed to have already been over) and will then see if it is a potential APG item if the offer is showing now.

Enough! See you later:rotfl:.
  • Picasso7
    Picasso7 Posts: 4,038 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Thats why im knackered, i usually get up at 5.30 but them 10 mins and extra driving have done me in, add this week the dog walking:rotfl::rotfl:

You will soon be home.:)
  • pacifica9
    pacifica9 Posts: 3,262 Forumite
    Options
    mhoc wrote: »
    Please can I ask if anyone has the AP restaurant vouchers - the £10 and the £20 ones - does anyone have a list saved of where they can be used?

We are next to a Beefeater next weekend but the best that vouchercodes can offer is a 33% off voucher but it only seems to be main menu items.
    I know it sometimes has steak offers but I am not a steak eater.

(Yes I am plotting to get OH out of the house so I need to have a complete plan that he cant back out of or find an excuse not to do :D )

Not sure if you've had a response already mhoc as I'm just catching up....
    £10 = All Bar One, Browns, Crown Carveries, Ember Inns, Harvester, Innkeeper's Lodge, Miller & Carter, Nicholson's, O'Neill's, Sizzling Pubs, Toby Carvery, Vintage Inns, Stonehouse, Pizza Kitchen Bars, Chicken Society, Son of Steak

£20 = Bella Italia, Cafe Rouge, Las Iguanas, Belgo, La Tasca, La Vina

Good evening peeps.
    Hoping everyone is warm, happy and well. Hugs to those not so.
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it.” ~ Ferris Bueller
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    image.jpg

Now we need to know what services :rotfl::rotfl: and next time you are down this way, stop and speak:p

I have been known to do a bit of pointing:cool:
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • bubbs
    Options
    Picasso7 wrote: »
    You will soon be home.:)

Yup, but just been informed no leccy for 5 days and we can go home sat and sun:mad: why leave it till now to do it when we go home Thurs?
  • bubbs
    Options
    I have been known to do a bit of pointing:cool:

Say no more:p;)
  • Old_Bill
    Old_Bill Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    You lot will know about this.

I’d even forgotten about the Mcdonalds coffee thing....sure izzeyb posted about it yonks ago. Think I’ll be calling in there for a coffee tomorrow:D Are the cards available at the counter ...the ones to stick the beans on?

6_D57_BC66-_B3_A4-43_F8-_BA89-_F285_E14_E7417.png

Have bought Try Me Free A2 milk from both A and S during the past week, each seems to have a fairly good supply. Claiming is easily done online with payment to either PayPal or your bank account. Receipt upload required.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport