Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• hornetgirl
    hornetgirl Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh my goodness, how delicious is that pistachio mulller.
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Good Afternoon :hello:

Been snowing raining on and off all day .

Snow sticks rain clears it lol :j:j:j

CJJ Hope OH is feeling better :)

Quiz this morning :mad: I did it pressed done.

Said maintenance on waited when maintenance over pressed done and it said I hadn't done quiz :mad: but I got 0 :eek: and a very long time :cool:
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dont know if reported here but over on the dark side several sale underwear items are scanning at 4p in T xxx
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,009 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 January 2018 at 5:09PM
    Options
    hornetgirl wrote: »
    Oh my goodness, how delicious is that pistachio mulller.
    Just stop now, we are not allowed nuts in the house as DS has an allergy, I saw those ones in Mr A and struggled to resist so please could you edit your post and instead say that they turned out to be disappointing.....
    I think....
  • sparklyfee
    sparklyfee Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    5.91 back on a 6.10 spend. And the 10p sweet was unnecessary

on Asda Sainsbury's
    1x Muller Corner Toffee Yogurt with Chocolate Hoops (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Peach & Apricot Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x Maoam Giant Strawberry Stripes (1pk) £0.10 £0.10
    1x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Kettle Bites Maple Barbecue Wholegrain Waves 5 Pack (5x22g) £1.89 £1.00
    1x Muller Corner Blueberry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Sunbites Wholegrain Popcorn Variety (6pk) £1.79 £1.00
    2x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Balls (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    2x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt (150g) £1.36 £0.70
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I’ve survived the Boots sale:D

It was the busiest I’ve seen it for years.

Listen to this......the woman and daughter tag team in front of me spent a fortune. I didn’t see how much daughter spent as she had already gone through. Mother spent an eye watering £208:eek::eek: But was so pleased that she’d saved over £400:rotfl::rotfl:

Love the logic:rotfl:

But the bit I can’t understand is that she didn’t have an Advantage card:eek:

I was soooooo tempted:rotfl:

I caught her in the car park outside and mentioned it, telling her to hang on to her receipt, apply for a card and hopefully get the points added later

She looked at me as if I had 2 heads.:rotfl:

I spent £10 and got a 100 till spit when you spend £4. So went and spent another £4 and got another one.:D
    So altogether I spent about £15 but got 400 back in points. I used a mailing 100 points wys £10 and 200 for any champneys product.

I spent all my points at Christmas so it’s nice to see the balance going up:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • troutabout
    Options
    today I did a shop and used baked fusions thai chilli as the inis trig
    £1.90 apg
    1x Hartley's Jelly Raspberry Flavour (125g) £0.43 £0.42
    1x Walkers Baked Chicken & Thyme Snacks (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x ASDA Whole Milk (2pt) £0.79 £0.80
    1x Hartley's No Added Sugar Raspberry Flavour Jelly (115g) £0.43 £0.42
    1x Angel Delight Strawberry Flavour Dessert Pot (70g) £0.43 £0.42
    1x Walkers Baked Cheese & Onion Crisps (6x25g) £1.50 £1.00
    1x Angel Delight Butterscotch Flavour Dessert Pot (70g) £0.43 £0.42
    1x Hartley's Fruit in Jelly Raspberry in Raspberry Jelly (120g) £0.43 £0.42
    1x ASDA Smart Price 15 Eggs (15pk) £1.19 £1.25
    1x TRS Tapioca Sabudana (500g) £0.99 N/A
    2x ASDA Smart Price Longlife Skimmed Milk (1l) £1.14 £0.98
    1x Hartley's Jelly Strawberry Flavour (125g) £0.42 £0.48
    1x Hartley's No Added Sugar Strawberry Flavour Jelly (115g) £0.43 £0.42
    Comparison total (compared products only) £9.12 £8.03
    +£1.09 cheaper
    weight watchers member since 17.2.15
    weight lost ... 3lbs :j

Times visited gym this week... 3 :A
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    I’m doing an hour on my self assessment then out for tea:)

I wish hornetgirl had reminded me to do it earlier:o:whistle::whistle::whistle::think:

(I know you did really:D)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • troutabout
    Options
    vs tesco btw
    weight watchers member since 17.2.15
    weight lost ... 3lbs :j

Times visited gym this week... 3 :A
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 19 January 2018 at 5:43PM
    Options
    I needed a couple of bags of apples, and I thought I would be paying a total of £1.60 for them. However, I thought if I bought them with the right mix of Mullers I would be paying £4.60 but getting £4.02 back, making the bags of apples 58p in total or 29p each:) (with the Mullers then 'free' - not better than free unfortunately as they are if bought with nothing else but never mind:rotfl:). Then I thought if I bought one bag of apples with Mullers on one shop, and bought the other bag with Mullers on another shop, it would be £3.80 but £4.02 back on each shop. Making the bags of apples minus 22p each:D.

11 items (9 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    2x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) £1.36 £0.70
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Apples (Colour and Variety may vary) (500g) £0.80 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Vanilla Yogurt with Chocolate Digestive Biscuits (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Blueberry Yogurt (150g) £0.68 £0.35
    1x Muller Corner Pistachio Yogurt with Caramelised Crushed Almonds (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    Comparison total (compared products only) £7.48 £3.85
    +£3.63 cheaper

11 items (7 different) on your receipt qualify for comparison Asda sainsbury's
    3x Muller Corner Banana Yogurt with Chocolate Flakes (135g) £2.04 £1.05
    1x ASDA Farm Stores Apples (Colour and Variety may vary) (500g) £0.80 N/A
    1x Muller Corner Strawberry Yogurt with White Chocolate Shortcake Balls (135g) £0.68 £0.35
    2x Muller Corner Red Cherry Yogurt (150g) £1.36 £0.70
    Comparison total (compared products only) £7.48 £3.85

I've decided it's no good buying an item on its own, as you can simply add Mullers, as long as you have the trigger available and enough different Corners, and end up with a £1.02 deduction on the cost of a single item and the Mullers free. I now think this means that many items, whether grocery or not, are now best bought as part of a comp. shop vs S and even lots of grocery items where S isn't the best competitor price would now seem to be better bought in individual units (unless an A mbuy is essential) and each bought with 12 right mix of Mullers yet again as the net cost may still work out better than 10% cheaper than a competitor. This seems even to include items that don't compare well against S.

The receipt I picked up was hopeless, as it turned out to be a colleague receipt and more than 10% cheaper again:(. I noticed that on this shop they bought Pot Noodles at straight 45p each with the colleague card or they could have been bought at 50p vs 50p M/T on a normal shop, meaning 45p each. However, if they had bought a single Pot Noodle instead, not used their colleague card, and put the Pot Noodle on its own shop with Mullers it would have been a cost of £3.50 but, even with 50p vs 80p S on the Pot Noodle losing 22p it would still have had £3.80 back, thus one Pot Noodle, this way, is -30p rather than paying 45p for it! Each Pot Noodle is now better than free if bought by itself with the right Mullers, with only a single Pot Noodle on each shop. If there are any Pot Noodles that Sains doesn't have, they would be even better. Either way, they work out better than 10% cheaper than 50p competitors and I am sure a lot of items would now be in the same position. We may as well forget about all other comparisons on a lot of items and buy an individual item with Mullers on each shop vs S:rotfl:.

Use of the colleague card is a bad idea as it results in each Muller appearing 10% lower than 68p on the comparison when this price was not paid for them. As the initial price for the Mullers is currently normally 25p each, to break even with the discount card you'd want the A price to be only 10% cheaper than 25p but as it's 10% cheaper than 68p, I think it loses about 44p across 11 Mullers. At -30p for an individual Pot Noodle on a Mullers shop, the use of the colleague card means paying 14p for the Pot Noodle, so the colleague discount is very expensive and should not be used:rotfl:.

I'm still not sure about buying this way though. If I'd bought the Mullers alone, I would have paid £3 and got £4.02 on a shop; instead I've paid £3.80 and got £4.02, so I have still paid for the apples:rotfl:. I have just claimed the Muller discount alongside them, which I could have done by buying the Mullers outright and claiming in full rather than losing 80p of the discount, but then would have to have bought the apples alone for the 80p each anyway so could still not have got a £1.02 return. The end result is the same, but it feels better buying them on a shop with the Mullers as the overall shop still ends up better than free rather than paying for the apples (although the apples still are paid for as part of losing 80p from the minus £1.02 for the Mullers:rotfl:).

Otherwise, you could just spend your entire time in A buying each Ltd Ed trigger pot with 11 other Muller Corners with at least 8 different appearing until there is no stock left to buy another shop and buy nothing else at all. This does require the trigger on the shop, otherwise you have to pay for at least 6 further items. I have to use store 2 now for my shopping. I think one of my As has cottoned on to the glitch last night as all Ltd Ed trigger pots were absent from the shelf and only that version. There was well enough stock of those the night before and I cannot imagine all of those specific pot selling completely out, and only those pots, within the space of a day. They may watch what I am buying and remove anything I'm buying (not so as they left all of the other Muller flavours on the shelf). I think they clearly read this thread - the store has been completely absent of items needed for an mbuy glitch before and I have suspected that store of removing them from the shelves. That's the problem with posting on here to let people know of the glitch items - it also lets everyone else know, including people at the stores - we may have to send glitch details via PM only or else post in code that only us understands.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure