Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Options
    When I want to defrost my 300 litre freezer I put the frozen food in bags in a pile under a duvet. I defrost the freezer with a mini steam cleaner so it is done quickly, stuff is normally out of the freezer for no more than 2 hours.

Ah thanks what a good idea. It has only just got to the stage it needs defrosting as Mr TS left something in the top of a basket and the lid wasn't shut properly for couple of days until I went out there again, meant there was a rim of ice around the top which I did scrape away with the tool you get but it's also up the insides a bit too.
  • Soo_Hal
    Options
    I would just like to pass on my thanks to the wonderful elite crew without you guys I wouldn’t of had the bargains iv had or free up a bit more cash to be spent elsewhere it really has made a difference especially with my 2 young boys as I’ve not had a drop of alcohol since 2015 when I found I was pregnant lol I’ll raise my cup of tea to you all and to those sadly not with us. I hopefully will find some bargains in 2018 to share
    Happy New Year xx
  • northerngeezer
    Options
    Just popped in to wish all you great guys a very happy and prosperous new year.

May God bless you and your families and may may all your wishes come true.
  • spasguidedogs
    spasguidedogs Posts: 385 Forumite
    edited 1 January 2018 at 12:07AM
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Very very impressed:)

We are planning a new kitchen in the new year and I’ve come up with a brilliant idea. I’m thinking that we could replace our built in kitchen freezer with a larger freezer in the garage which will allow me to fully take advantage of whoopsies:D

I’ve been reading up and it looks like there’s only the Beko brand that will offer a guarantee for garage use. Has anyone else any experience of freezers in their garages?
    We have this freezer in our garage Ice King CFAP400 Lockable Chest Freezer in White £289.99 Coop
    https://electrical.coop.co.uk/refrigeration/freezers/chest/ice-king-cfap400-lockable-chest-freezer-in-white-ikg-cfz-cfap400-w/
    Manufactured by Beko and 2 year guarantee
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    locarr wrote: »
    TS saw this and thought of you!! ;)

xmas.jpg

PS where did you stash your biscuits? with last year haul!? :)

Empty quality st wrappers are not as traumatic as empty after eight ones. :p

Last years haul was all gone, the chocolate and biscuit side of the sideboard was empty for once this year in the absence of any 1p/4p hauls from Ts. I had to actually buy biscuits in December so what I did have lasted well the last box of waities shortbread eaten in November was dated August but fine. :cool:

That trolley load I posted the other day wasn't all for me btw, it was to be divided between me, 2 of my DD's and a MSE friend. ;)
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's this one,

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/4127563

It has 36 hours power failure storage too. I know that was something else I looked at, think the chest freezers come out better than the upright on power failure storage.

Thats huge:eek::eek:

Thanks...I will check it out tomorrow:D
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    We have this freezer in our garage Ice King CFAP400 Lockable Chest Freezer in White £289.99 Coop
    https://electrical.coop.co.uk/refrigeration/freezers/chest/ice-king-cfap400-lockable-chest-freezer-in-white-ikg-cfz-cfap400-w/
    Manufactured by Beko

Funnily enough, I’ve just received a code from the co op for electrical items:)

Thank you
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Tinyshoes
    Options
    Thats huge:eek::eek:

Thanks...I will check it out tomorrow:D

And mine is full to the brim after my whoopsie shop yesterday. :rotfl:

Everything was rolling around in it to start with but it's not long before you start having to play games of tetris.

On the wall in the garage I have a map on a white board where I try to keep an inventory. :D
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get them put onto one card, much easier that way ;)

How, please?

I have spent over £40 on 5 x £3 cards in the past few weeks :).

No need to extend those :D.

Anon
  • spasguidedogs
    Options
    Funnily enough, I’ve just received a code from the co op for electrical items:)

Thank you
    2 year guarantee. I am sure mine came with a 3 year guarantee, perhaps they have changed it.
    More than happy with my freezer and can highly recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure