Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 29 December 2017 at 4:31PM
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Afternoon all.
    Those that bought the phones with the £50 cashback, You should be able to start doing your claim now/soon. I have just started mine off.

Great - just need to finalise a phone to send in. Not sure if I send my old Nokia that still powers up or buy a burner phone to send in!

These are a reasonable option:
    https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/alcatel/20.38x#contractType=payasyougo

£4.99 (no need to top up!), possibly 99p on eBay to unlock if locked to 02.

Or would this count:
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/pay-as-you-go-tariff.html#!/sort/relevance/model/ALC1016BLA

Buy on 02, £4.99 up front if you get it on the 02 Classic plan with £10 top up, but that means you can cash out the £10 top up (to Apple, Playstore, etc) and if you go through Q or TCB you can get £5 back on PAYG phones so cost covered.

Anon
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Great - just need to finalise a phone to send in. Not sure if I send my old Nokia that still powers up or buy a burner phone to send in!

These are a reasonable option:
    https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/phones/alcatel/20.38x#contractType=payasyougo

£4.99 (no need to top up!), possibly 99p on eBay to unlock if locked to 02.

Or would this count:
    https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/pay-as-you-go-tariff.html#!/sort/relevance/model/ALC1016BLA

Buy on 02, £4.99 up front if you get it on the 02 Classic plan with £10 top up, but that means you can cash out the £10 top up (to Apple, Playstore, etc) and if you go through Q or TCB you can get £5 back on PAYG phones so cost covered.

Anon

Hmmm, I probably should have bought one of these to trade in instead of using the lg k4 lite i had lying about. too late now.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    midwinter wrote: »
    Morning all.

Snow has arrived, thankfully took car off hill last night in anticipation, however, 50+ miles to do in it..........

Hope everyone has a very good day, with lots of bargains found :)

Looks like I’m going to have to share my Christmas present with you:o
    :)

This will undoubtedly annoy DM who I though was on his jollies:)

97_B8384_F-_B9_CA-47_D5-8_CEB-_C8224_C854_A06.jpg
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    edited 29 December 2017 at 4:38PM
    Options
    davemorton wrote: »
    Hmmm, I probably should have bought one of these to trade in instead of using the lg k4 lite i had lying about. too late now.

Have you sent it yet? Check online trade in prices first - CEX?

Anon
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Afternoon boys and girls :D

That's work finished for this year :j working this week hasn't actually been as bad as I thought. It gave me chance to look around a few shops that are normally closed when I get there

I've availed myself of a few of the £1.50 Nivea gift sets in Wilko :) they'll be broken up and provide my shower gel for the next year or so :rotfl:

S had some tiny jigsaw puzzles in test tube type bottles for 75p. You'd definitely need good eye sight to do them!

And a yard of Jaffa cakes for 90p :j :j

I popped into a little W this morning and was :eek: a medium size box of chocolates was allegedly half price at £14 something :eek:
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Looks like I’m going to have to share my Christmas present with you:o
    :)

This will undoubtedly annoy DM who I though was on his jollies:)

97_B8384_F-_B9_CA-47_D5-8_CEB-_C8224_C854_A06.jpg
    Even the title is annoying, is there any need for it to be so long. And 'midwinter'...the bloke is soooo annoying!!
    Anon wrote: »
    Have you sent it yet? Check online trade in prices first - CEX?

Anon
    Too late, I have not sent it off, but when claiming, you have to tell them the iemi number and make/model of the phone. Never mind, I probably would never use it anyway.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • Dizzy_Ditzy
    Dizzy_Ditzy Posts: 17,462 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    About this fitness/walking thing - there is a an open challenge on the Sports and Fitness moneysaving board that we could gate crash :cool:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5763848
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Health & Beauty, Greenfingered Moneysaving and How Much Have You Saved boards. If you need any help on these boards, please do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert
  • Anon
    Options
    I called in A on Wednesday - hardly a gift set in sight :eek:.

I very much doubt they could have cleared all that stock in such a short space of time, so I assume it may have been returned to the manufacturer? Given the volumes they and T had in, it was probably a manufacturer backed promo, possibly sale or return?

Anon
  • TrulyMadly
    TrulyMadly Posts: 39,754 Forumite
    Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Perfect! Many thanks Anon, much appreciated. It's been an age since I've actually done a glitch shop so I'm rather rusty.
    I'll stick with my Lidl beans that are cheaper than 39p a can :D

Helloooooooo:):hello::hello:

Is it still not worth buying the beans and sausages at 7p a large tin and just using the beans if you don’t like the sausages?:)

Just a thought:)
    To do is to be. Rousseau
    To be is to do. Sartre
    Do be do be do. Sinatra
  • Anon
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Helloooooooo:):hello::hello:

Is it still not worth buying the beans and sausages at 7p a large tin and just using the beans if you don’t like the sausages?:)

Just a thought:)

I was just thinking that too, as Mrs Anon said Little Anons are not bothered about the sausages!

Anon
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport