Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help

Options
13»

Comments

• Cleo9990
    Options
    Ah, so the fact I have nearly always paid off my balance in full as far as I can remember each month, apart from the odd build up every now and then (like now I have nearly 3k on it and have had a balance on it up and down over the last 2 years) means I will be likely to not receive anything much because my ppi payments didn' t build up on a large balance? Do they take ppi payments anyhow even when you pay off your balance each month? It's frightening how little I know about the whole thing. But then again I am not a financial advisor or in finance or business! It's a good job too!!!
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah, so the fact I have nearly always paid off my balance in full as far as I can remember each month, apart from the odd build up every now and then (like now I have nearly 3k on it and have had a balance on it up and down over the last 2 years) means I will be likely to not receive anything much because my ppi payments didn' t build up on a large balance?
    Correct. PPI was only paid when you borrowed outside the interest free period each month.
    Do they take ppi payments anyhow even when you pay off your balance each month?

No.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Cleo9990
    Options
    Thankyou for clarifying Dunstonh. I'll be surprised now then if I receive anything much at all. Sigh. Should have built up more debt, lol!
  • Laid_Back_Rich
    Options
    I've just found this on internet, but as a newbie here am not allowed to post a clickable URL:

articles.ppipress.co.uk/simple-ppi/?s3=26126393

anyone know anything about it?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Post #25 is spam - press the spam button (unless the post is removed and this becomes #25)
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Laid_Back_Rich
    Laid_Back_Rich Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 27 November 2017 at 5:36PM
    Options
    er, no, my post #25 above was not spam, it was a genuine question
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    it was a genuine question
    So ask the question directly rather than attempt to circumvent the rule that doesn't allow you to post links yet..
  • Laid_Back_Rich
    Options
    that's not easy because my query is about that particular webpage
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills