Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 11

Options

Comments

• Whatshername
    Options
    Hi all, hoping that I can join you all. Saving in a terramumdi again this year but hopefully a lot more focused than last year. Have potted approx £35 so far maybe a little more. Will be using challenge to record quantities of £1 and above. I save smaller coins in another jar but will be counting these towards another challenge as this will be bagged and paid off a cc throughout the year.
    Money from sealed jar will go towards Xmas 2018 and any excess off my CC balance.
    #030 Sealed Pot 2019 Challenge - Declare 31st Oct
    #064 Pay debts by Xmas 2019 Challenge - £3390/ £3390 :money:
    #015 £2 savers club 2019 - target £200
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another £5 voucher gone in the pot for my xmas shopping!
  • Willowtree222
    Willowtree222 Posts: 7,701 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hubby potted a couple of pounds yesterday. He doesn't normally get involved, but deffo making a conscious effort this year x
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • Sue-UU
    Sue-UU Posts: 9,559 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 3 January 2018 at 8:05PM
    Options
    babs_103 wrote: »
    Is it too late for me to join please? I have a nutty chocie jar with my name on (my darling ducklings seem to think I have a bad memory!) so I shall use that if I can find some way to cover the glass bits.

I have no idea how much I want to save so will just lob any change I have in there.

Started off with 2.57 spare in my purse. x Thanks xx
    pink_bride wrote: »
    Please can I join? I have a tin for saving £2's and I'm going to start another one for general change! Wish me luck!
    Hi all, hoping that I can join you all. Saving in a terramumdi again this year but hopefully a lot more focused than last year. Have potted approx £35 so far maybe a little more. Will be using challenge to record quantities of £1 and above. I save smaller coins in another jar but will be counting these towards another challenge as this will be bagged and paid off a cc throughout the year.
    Money from sealed jar will go towards Xmas 2018 and any excess off my CC balance.

A VERY warm welcome to you babs 123No 025, pink_bride No 029 and Whatshername No 030. (It's never too late to join!) It's lovely to have you with us. :grinheart Have fun saving and enjoying the banter. You'll find your numbers (see above) near the top of the list on the 2nd post of page 1. Please read through post 1 as it'll let you know exactly what to do with the challenge. PS. We always empty our pots and declare our savings in November, please make a note of this year's date: 1st Nov 2018.

Please also subscribe to the thread by clicking on "Thread Tools" (lower green bar) and clicking "Subscribe to this thread"...or you may lose us! To put your SPC No on, go to "Quick Links" (right side of top green bar), click and then click on "Edit Signature" and you're away. ;)

*Please pop your number on your sig, it really helps me.

Thanks so very much 3forholidays, you’re a great help and this gold star is yours! :staradmin

lynnejk wrote:
    Hope you soon get it all sorted Sue - can you take some Imodium for the ....er problem ?

I just wanted to wish you all

A VERY HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PROSPEROUS 2018

Lx

Thanks Lynne, ordinarily it would have been a brilliant idea, but if I’d done that I’d have a heck of a job in getting going again. One of those areas of the body I can’t afford to mess up! All’s well now! Thanks for the thoughts, the New Year wishes too, I wish you both the very same. PS. Very many thanks for helping me out, I so appreciate it, here's a lovely gold star for you. :staradmin xx

Hi again folks! I hope you've all had a brilliant beginning to 2018, here's hoping it'll be good for us ALL!!! To all those members who are ill, low or in a pickle in anyway, here's hoping you will soon be feeling so much better. For now, please accept these {{{Hugs}}} from all the SPC family! :grinheart

A very Happy New Year to you too, DancingUnicorn, and good savings!!

It sounds as though you’ve had some excellent potting going on, Florence, brilliant work!!! :j

A warm welcome home ruby_Eskimo! :hello:It’s so very good to see you as you’ve been with us a long time. A very Happy New Year to you, let’s hope you have a kinder one! Come and see us more regularly.

Here’s to a prosperous new year for certain, Littlebigmoose! It’s always good to hear members so looking forward to the surprise in November.
    I’m glad you’re happy with having the Park Christmas SC to sort out your Christmas too, and don’t forget - you can include that when declaring your SPC Total in November also!! ;)
    AntoMac wrote:
    Sorry to hear of your health problems Sue Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm impressed you can spell diarrhoea (he said copying her spelling!). For most of my life I thought it had an 'L' on the end, which is a Bristolian thing/ the way we speak.

Really great to see more new joiners - welcome to you all. It's a very freindy and supportive challenge

Ah there are at last Ant! I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having rough times, but hope things turn around for you soon! I wish you all you’d wish for yourself in the New Year Ant!
    I’m a lot better now thank you. BTW the only reason I can spell diarrhoea is because my middle Grandson‘s way to recall is - does it all really run horribly over each leg!” :rotfl::rotfl:A great method as I could never get it right before, so well done Joey!
    I love your last paragraph, very true! :D

Don’t worry adventureofmemories, I’m sure I’d have done the same, I always do after putting each new SPC on the board in November and I’m not alone! See you here after midnight on Nov 2nd!!!
    Well done with your Wedding Fund, but re your 3 pot decision, go with what you think is best and if one way motivates you more than the others go for it; in other words be happy! :j

A very Happy New Year to you also Pmof2!!! Lovely seeing you back so soon! :D
    Finally added £2.20 to the pot,after buying potatoes at Tesco.Had hoped for a £2 coin for a challenge I am doing concurrently,but no dice,a load of silver!:D
    This challenge isnt going too well! Still using up Xmas stuff,or using my card. Looks lie I am going to have to use cash if I am to to save even a little bit with this challenge! :)

I see you’ve got everything budgeted very well dustydigger, fingers crossed you manage to save some at the weekend, but be proud whatever it is as it’s money saved!! I’ve just seen your latest post, don’t concern yourself too much as you’ve got until November to be saving and remember that the way you’re saving can be added to your SPC declaration!! Be happy! :D

Wishing you a very Happy New Year also Iheart! Good potting and don’t forget that any SPC challenges such as the 365 one can be included in your SPC declaration! ;)
    VickyA wrote:
    A whole £2.50 potted - the money that I would have spent on a coffee out. Start as I mean to carry on!

I’m feeling so very much better thanks Vicky. A brilliant way to SAVE not SPEND with the money potted instead of giving it to someone else!!! ;) A great resolution btw! :dance:

Wonderful potting DebtFreeDuo!! A very Happy New Year for you too! :D

Amazing potting 32b3! Always a good beginning to the year. :D
    hickles69 wrote:
    Oopsy sorry Sue-Ue yes I had a little boy on 23rd December. He has yet to receive a name however 'hiccup' has remained as his nickname. Little Jack is loving being big brother so phew on that front.

Well done to you and young Jack, Hicksy!!! Just wait until Hiccup starts his pot too, they’ll be driving you... Potty! :rotfl: A very Happy New Year!

You see what great motivation you’ve been to all your family, motivated, a great role model obviously!!!!! :T Good potting and a very Happy New Year to you also!

Excellent potting Princess Money Penny!!!! A brilliant beginning! :j

Brilliant work Nicnak!!! Keep hard at it, Hubby too, what a good chap!! :eek:

Great work Dragon Lily!!! A very Happy New Year to you also!!!:D
    jakes-mum wrote:
    Hopefully you'll feel better soon Sue, I too have had the dual cameras and it is not an experience I wish to repeat ever! Not eating for 2 days messed me up more than I thought possible!

I shall be a bit sporadic with my posting for a while, things are not good in the jakesmum household and I need to concentrate on sorting things out :( I shall read along though so everyone needs to post lots to keep my morale up :o
    I’m with you wholeheartedly jakes-mum, though I obviously need to go back, still not for a year at least, I just hope it’s not Christmas again! I’m fine now thank you, but like you, it always messes things up for me as the epilepsy drugs go straight through so I’ve had 3 rough days with seizures. C’est la vie! :cool:

I sincerely hope that whatever is going on with you all right now that you’re able to work through it and smile coming out the other side my dear friend. For now love and {{{hugs}}} from all your SPC family. :kisses3:
    Doh,I forgot to empty my sealed pot back in November! The result was £213.00 Can I please joint again for this year, please? #469

Thank you

Hello again Cherry Burton, it’s good to see you back with us!!!! Please could I ask you to pop your Total from last year onto SPC 10 here? It needs to all go on the appropriate thread. Excellent savings btw!!!! Please remember that the declaration date for this year is Thursday November 1st!! I’ll PM this to be sure you see it.

A very Happy New Year to you Emily! I hope you’re feeling a lot better now and that whatever it was it hasn’t hit you too hard. My dear friend is really rough at present though she thinks she picked it up while visiting her Mum in a residential home! {{{Hugs}}} to help you get better soon. :kisses3:Really good potting btw!!!

Well done arc2014!! It doesn’t matter that you’re unsure of the exact amount, you’re saving, that’s the important thing!!! ;)

A very Happy New Year for you also, 166million!! Got that 5p potted yet?! :D I’m feeling very much better thanks.

Exceptionally well saved SeekingFlight, a cracking amount!!! :jI hope you have a very Happy New too!

I’m so sorry your poor Hubby has been so poorly, MrsShazbat, but delighted to hear that your Dr was so quick to act, bless him!! We all schedule our Christmas not really thinking about things going awry, but at least your Hubby was in the right place when he definitely needed, that was wonderful!!! Wishing you both a very safe healthy and Happy New Year!!!!! :love:

Don’t worry about not having time to fully read all the posts, siju, I know it’s never easy believe me. I’m fine now thanks very much. That’s an amazing amount you’ve been able to pot, brilliant work!!!! Happy New Year siju! :D

Great work and fantastic savings missjec!!! :dance:You’re doing so very well so be proud of yourself!!!

Oh dear Saver-upper, English grammar is a b....r when we’re so used to getting it right and wanting to hear it correctly! I bet your OH wishes he could have eaten a whole lot of his words!!!! :rotfl:My darling Hubby is such a clever fellar practically but his spelling and grammar has never been good; even after all these years it’s so hard not to correct him but I just can’t when he does such wonders in and around the house, for our DD and DS too! Aside from all that, he's a Godsend for me!! :A
    Good potting btw!!!
    Have a lovely evening folks and a very good Thursday!

Sue xx

Opening date for SPC 11 will be 1st November 2018

Anyone wishing to join us, it's NEVER too late, so please just ask, you'll be made very welcome.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 001 My Totals = 08 = £163.95 09 = £315.78 10 = £518.80 11 = £481.87 12 = £694.53 13 = £1200.20! 14 = £881 15 = £839.21 16 = £870.48 17 = £871.52 18 = £800.00 19 = £851.022021=£820.26[/SizeGrand Totals of all members (2008 uncounted) 2009 = £32.154.32! 2010 = £37.581.47! 2011 = £42.474.34! 2012 = £49.759.46! 2013 = £50.642.78! 2014 = £61.367.88!! 2015 = £52.852.06! 2016 = £52, 002.40!! 2017 = £50,456.23!! 2018 = £47, 815.88! 2019 = £38.538.37!!!! :j
  • Jaydee92
    Jaydee92 Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    A little late but Happy New Year all. Potted some coins last month and today potted another £4.50 as a birthday present I was buying was reduced :j
    SPC 11 - Number 322
    2018 1% Challenge - Number 30

Debt: January 2016 - £29,524.74 :mad:
    January 2018 - £19,769.91
  • Littlebigmoose
    Options
    Randomly found a pound in an old handbag whilst looking for something else. It was quickly potted :)
    #7... 3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)
    #25... 2024 Cash Envelope (or online) Saving Challenge

• seekingthesunlight
    Options
    Haven’t posted for a while, but added three big handfuls of silver shrapnel to my pot. I’m hoping to pot a big chunk when I get my next student loan in a week or two.

Sealed Pot Challenge No. 179!
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Oooohhhh.Tonight I was sorting out Christmas cards,mostly for recycling,though I do keep all those from my customers.One of the customer's cards contained a £20 "Christmas bonus" :j.Now potted :j:j .
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 4 January 2018 at 5:52AM
    Options
    Oooohhhh.Tonight I was sorting out Christmas cards,mostly for recycling,though I do keep all those from my customers.One of the customer's cards contained a £20 "Christmas bonus" :j.Now potted :j:j .
    That's great!. One year I got a card from family in the USA,and almost didnt notice that it was of a double thickness,and was about to chuck it out when I found a $50 note taped inside! Another year I was about to reuse a drinks bag and found a £20 amazon book token in a little white envelope at the bottom,almost invisible.
    Ever since I check every bag carefully,but no more little surprises :(
  • Hello,

Can I join?? I've decided that I want to save all my change this year and I'd love to put anything other than 20p's (just joined the 20p challenge) in a pot and count it on the 1st Nov. I'm not much of a chatter but I'll update every week :) if not more depending on the change situation and I'm now on the hunt for "roadkill" lol!!!
    Frugal Living Challenge, Household £0/5,000 Personal £0/3,000 Starting on the 25th Jan.
    January 2018 Grocery Challenge - £42.88/280 20p Savers - £5.20p Virtual Sealed Pot No. 14 - £19.04/£260 Mortgage Overpayments - £0/£1,200 Sealed Pot No 37 :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure