Sent a sar, what do I do now?

Options
Hi,
Sent a sar letter to Lloyds as I had a recollection I had a loan. Received documents today saying I did have a graduate loan with insurance from 1996 to 2000. When I say documents I mean screen shots as it was so long ago. I have no paperwork, nor do they. What can I do now?
Thanks for any help

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    If neither of you have any evidence, then nothing.
  • moopster
    Options
    Thanks zx81...how disappointing:(
  • TrickyDicky101
    Options
    Have you actually raised a complaint with Lloyds about missold PPI? Presumably you have already done so which led to you sending in the SAR.

If Lloyds have no other information on which to consider suitability and charges made - and nor do you - then you don't have many (any) options as zx81 stated.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,596 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Screenshots is still proof of a kind. Make a complaint, see what happens.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • moopster
    Options
    I haven't raised a complaint with Lloyds because I wanted to check I had insurance on the loan first. The screenshots show I did.
    There's a little glimmer of hope TrickyDicky101 and -taff. I'll write my letter add copies of the screenshots (they cost me a tenner, it'd be a shame not to use them!) and keep my fingers crossed!
    Thanks
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If the screenshots from the Bank show that you paid PPI then you don't have an issue with documentation because it was the Bank who actually sent you them!

Of course they will accept their own screenshots as evidence. You don't need originals.

To be honest, it sounds as if you didn't need to waste £10 on a SAR and that you could have just made a simple enquiry to the Bank.

However, what is it that you are seeing as "insurance"? If you want to make a PPI mis-selling complaint then you need to have had PPI. You'll also ideally need robust and compelling complaint reasons. Do you have these?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure