Ebay item sent to store and they say they don't have it

Options
I ordered a new kitchen undermount sink and had it delivered to local Sainsbury store. Had the DPD notifications and it was delivered last Wednesday and signed for.
Went in to collect it and they insist it is not there although confirm the name that signed for it is the guy that takes in deliveries. They do have a box that "might" be mine but there is no label and they say they are not allowed to open it.
I have contacted DPD and have a case number but no correspondence. I have not yet contacted seller as not sure what they can do as DPD did deliver it to where they were meant to.
Any suggestions please?

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    I ordered a new kitchen undermount sink and had it delivered to local Sainsbury store. Had the DPD notifications and it was delivered last Wednesday and signed for.
    Went in to collect it and they insist it is not there although confirm the name that signed for it is the guy that takes in deliveries. They do have a box that "might" be mine but there is no label and they say they are not allowed to open it.
    I have contacted DPD and have a case number but no correspondence. I have not yet contacted seller as not sure what they can do as DPD did deliver it to where they were meant to.
    Any suggestions please?

You need to speak to your seller and then need to speak to Sainsbury's urgently

If this works the same was a the Argos click and collect works then if you are not able to collect it, it will be returned to seller- so it's in their interest to sort it out otherwise they have to refund you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,020 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    As above. If the seller can describe the box then that should help Sainsbury's know if it's the right box.
    It could well be the seller who didn't attach the label correctly so they need to be told.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above. Get in touch with your seller. Ask them to ring the Sainsbury's store and speak with the manager, get him/her to describe the parcel and make arrangements for it to be available for you.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thanks all, I did contact the seller yesterday and they have been advised by DPD to contact head office by email which they have done
    DPD have contacted the depot to confirm label details and will speak to the store and have registered a complaint....lets hope I hear something back soon. First time doing click and collect...and maybe the last :-)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,199 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    thanks all, I did contact the seller yesterday and they have been advised by DPD to contact head office by email which they have done
    DPD have contacted the depot to confirm label details and will speak to the store and have registered a complaint....lets hope I hear something back soon. First time doing click and collect...and maybe the last :-)

Click and collect is usually fine for the buyer as if you can't collect it, or even if you change your mind you just get a refund. As a seller though I have stopped offering it as so many buyers didn't collect and outward postage was costing me money.

It might be that your seller didn't print off the label and handwrote it and it hasn't been recognised, or perhaps the label fell off, but hopefully it will get sorted quickly for you.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure