Signing off JSA

Hi All,

Im just wanting some advice really, i havent been claiming JSA for long just a couple of months and have found a job, my normal signing on day would be the 8th of November, I have made an app for tomorrow 1st November to sign off as I start work on Monday 6th so basically I'm signing off 1 week before my normal sign day, ive read that you usually get the final payment 3 days after signing off however I'm worried I wont be able to manage for a month till my first wage, how much roughly do you think I would get just so I can plan for the month ahead.

thankyou for reading my post

Comments

• Mersey_2
    Mersey_2 Posts: 1,679 Forumite
    Yes, you can sign off upto 13 days before your usual signing date (but not a fortnight or more before) and you'll still be paid JSA up to the day before your job starts.

Unfortunately, we can't give you a precise amount as it depends on your age, whether a single or joint claim, whether any deductions are made for arrears and so on.

But whatever x per day was you'll receive pro rata.
    Please be polite to OPs and remember this is a site for Claimants and Appellants to seek redress against their bank, ex-boss or retailer. If they wanted morality or the view of the IoD or Bank they'd ask them.
  • Hi thanks for your reply, sorry I should have been more specific, I'm 37 single claimant and receive contributution jsa and no deductions I get the full amount
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure