O/S Daily Tuesday 31st October 2017

O/S Daily Tuesday 31st October 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Replies

• HollyharveyHollyharvey Forumite
    1.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning everyone

I’m afraid I couldn’t sleep last night. I managed about two hours and that was tossing and turning, so I feel really wrung out and exhausted this morning. I expect I will have a sleep this afternoon.

My thoughts are with you and families JackieO and Dumpling.

I collected a parcel from M&S yesterday. As they had sent me a 20% off code I took the opportunity to stock up on tights. I need small ones and the local store doesn’t very often have them in stock. I thought the parcel looked a bit big and when I opened it, it has a couple of boxes in with their Christmas gift sets and no tights.

They were really good when I phoned them up and the tights will be at the store for collection tomorrow and they are sending me a £10 gift card because of their error.

While I was in there yesterday I grabbed a couple of y/s ready meals as I’m not feeling up to cooking much if at all at the moment.

I always buy a small gift at Christmas for four neighbours who take parcels in or let workmen in for me throughout the year and managed to order two online yesterday, so I’m pleased with that. At least a start has been made.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing
  • camelot1001camelot1001 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning Friends

The really cold weather has left us for now, back to rain. At least I wont have to scrape the car.

Went to a service last night for a friend's Aunt who had passed away, the funeral is today which we can't make so was nice to be able to support her.

Had a busy day at work yesterday and managed to get help to sort a very frustrating problem with the ordering system, feel like some progress has been made. Sadly my useless colleague is still in a huff since I told him to get on with some work last week. Just wish he would get himself another job. My new colleague is great, very keen and cheerful so it's not all bad!

Washing on the pulley, must get some proper housework done this week, I have visitors at the weekend and the place is quite untidy, especially upstairs as I have sewing stuff all over the place.

Hope all's well in your world, if not, may it improve very quickly. Take care. XX
  • edited 31 October 2017 at 6:32AM
    nmlcnmlc Forumite
    4.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 October 2017 at 6:32AM
    Morning everyone

Hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly, so he can get ready for college.

Still dark here, but air doesn't feel as cold as yesterday morning. Hoping for a dry day so I'm able to put some washing out on the line to dry.

Dinner last night was egg, bacon, sausage, saute'd new potatoes, black pudding, mushrooms, beans and toast - not the healthiest but grill/use fry light as much as possible, all eaten and enjoyed. I remembered to get the pork steaks out to defrost, so tonight we'll be having pork, mash, veg and gravy - also using up the LO's from Sundays' roast.

Yesterday work was horrendous in the morning, another of those all or nothing and it mostly certainly was "all" for the morning as I didn't get a proper break in the morning, was late going to lunch and didn't get a break in the afternoon - I was absolutely shattered when I got in last night, need to ensure I get a proper break away from the desk as I can see this could become a regular issue due to the way they are staffing us in the afternoons. I also got some news about the extra work we are rota'd in for as part of our job, this is worthwhile and I'm pleased with what I've been given and I've managed to sort the 1 date I can't do already to be covered by a colleague and I've picked up 4 more dates that I can cover for someone else. These can also come up nearer the time, so will keep my eyes and ears open.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • trutru Forumite
    9.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]dumpling[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] I had all my back teeth out – except one - a while ago. Maybe it was before you were here and you missed my dramatic posts? :D I was so relieved when they were gone. I needed sedation then, and I think I'll need it again because I'm such a wimp when it comes to dental stuff.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]snoozer[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Yes mr tru is back, I only had four days to myself :( I think he should make the trip every week :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I hope you're feeling better today xx[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Goldie's wing has been trimmed but she still managed to get up into the tree and perch there. I couldn't reach her, mr tru had to get her down. Maybe we should leave her and accept that she's a free spirit :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Not much happening here today. The shopping is being delivered this morning. That's it :D I'll start playing around with my crochet ideas, there will be lots of unravelling and I'll have to remind myself not to get frustrated with it – they're ideas to experiment with, not patterns I have to follow to the letter. No patience, me :D[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • ancientofdaysancientofdays Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all, thank you for starting us off Hollyharvey.

Cold but (so far) clear here. I am working today but have a later start as I have a local appointment. No idea what I am meant to be doing the rest of the day so I'll need to fire up the lappy to see.

Yesterday we had a delayed Sunday dinner, chicken with roasties, hm stuffing, buttonhole kale and broccoli, I didn't bother with bread sauce or yorkshires and I still couldn't manage all of mine. Happily, my DS has hollow legs. OH will cook for a few days now as I'm not often back in time to cook, not unless we want to eat at a very late hour.

Got the washing more or less dry on the line yesterday and there is another load to go out now.

Other than that, nothing to report.

Thinking of JackieO and of Dumpling.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone.

Yesterday was a long but productive day for me. I went into college early on and managed to do tons of work, both planning and prepping, there. Much better than struggling to do it at home where I get easily distracted. Then I had a two hour drive down to Dunoon, a two hour teaching session and finally a two hour drive home! Turned into a 12 hour day, Most unusual for me.

I went to bed immediately, put on the electric blanket and watched some TV.

Today has a hair appointment first, a drop off of paperwork and then another teaching session locally though my students are on Islay.

Happy Tuesday to all.
  • TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks HOLLYH for starting. It's less cold here too - no frost today and the thermometer outside the kitchen window is showing the dizzy heights of 10 deg already!

Mr TA has 2 appointments this week. Unlike Thursday, when we have the trek to Leeds, today's is at the more local hospital. It's not a worrying appt today, just a check on his hand that was operated on in the summer. Whilst we will be already on the way we are debating whether to carry on afterwards to Boundary Mills as I want to run amok in the Home section upstairs to look for Xmas gifts. Yankee Candles and burners to be more precise as they are much cheaper there than the High Street stores.! As a I have a Privilege Customer card I have been sent a voucher for free coffee and cake for 2 in the coffee shop so that is a tempter in itself!

I have one or two jobs to do before we need set off for the hospital but nothing too arduous - this painful arm being my excuse. It must be 6 weeks since it first started bothering me and I am getting very fed up of it.

Have a good day folks if you can, Thinking of DUMPLING and JACKIE with the family problems and ((HUGS)) to everyone else in need of them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Good morning all.

As I've had a very busy weekend with a concert on the Friday night and a wedding on the Saturday, I booked a couple of days off for recovery purposes. The last day of my break has rolled around far too quickly, and I'm feeling like I've not really done enough over Sunday and Monday, so at least some of today should be spent stripping the walls in our lounge, and possibly giving the kitchen a bit more of a clean. Dreading the thought of going back to work, but at least it will only be for 3 days, and then the weekend will be here again.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning everyone and thanks for the start Holly, hope you get a snooze later.

Dull and cold here although looks like the sun is trying to come out. I need to get out this morning as have a parcel to return and also need to pick up supplies to make some soup, have my DSIL coming to lunch and, as she is a vegetarian and I only have meat soups in the freezer, do need to whip up something veggie.
    Lulu has a massage this afternoon :D she is a bit stiff in her left hindquarters so hopefully some manipulation will help, perhaps I could ask for a bogof deal and get done too!
    It's fish pie for supper, I made some jam tarts with the leftover pastry from yesterday's meal so DOH can have some of those with custard for afters.

Have a good day folks x
  • csarina2csarina2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

A very dull morning here, OH says it has rained. I hope its warmer than yesterday, I ended up putting the heating on in the afternoon it was so cold.

Freezer audit this morning, shopping Thursday, running out for things from both Morrison and Aldi.

No idea whats for supper tonight a freezer dip I think when we are doing the audit.

I too am scared of the dentist. As a teenager I had a brace cemented onto my front teeth, all the teeth where the cement had been had to come out in my early 20's, not a pleasant experience. I have fought shy of them ever since. I have one wisdom tooth left which I know will have to come out at some point, I will need the hammer on the head before the injection!!
    Target figure £5,500/£3412.05
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides