IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Claim Form

Options
12346»

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    You must file everything in advance, costs schedule 2 or 3 days before, and to PE.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jimmyt05
    jimmyt05 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    So I lost, heres what happened, I lost due to the fact that I should of been aware of the other signs within the car park, and the bingo entrance sign has no relevance as entering the car park I should of seen Parking Eyes one and read it. Even though mine came before and what I entered on. The judge and the representative of parking eye seemed to get along more, I was mostly confused to what was happening as it was my first time. The rep kept asking me things over and over, he kept bringing up their signs, I told them I was not aware and kept everything I spoke about to the Mecca bingo sign. In the end the judge gave ordered me to pay £200. I asked what for, 100 for the parking charge, 25 for court fees twice not sure why (so 50), I asked but I didn't know why judge said it twice, and 50 for a fixed fee not sure of what aswell. Original claim 175 why was total 200. I didn't want to asked for break down again in case more was added. Judge just seemed one sided, and annoyed at my lack of experience and understanding.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sorry to hear of your loss.
    25 for court fees twice not sure why (so 50)
    £25 for PE to file the claim
    £25 for the hearing fee
    50 for a fixed fee not sure of what aswell
    That's the PE solicitor costs. It could have been challenged as PE employ in-house salaried solicitors, and they don't get paid £50 for every claim raised via a template. Not much you can do about it now, I don't think.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • jimmyt05
    jimmyt05 Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Judge said it was a fixed fee, so I didn't challenge, if I knew it was solicitor cost I would of as I have an exhibit of it being struck out between an defendant and parking eye.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Judge said it was a fixed fee
    It's a 'capped' limit which means that legal costs in the small claims court cannot run out of control. It's not 'fixed' as far as I know, so if they claimed just £20, they would just get that, not £50.

But there have been so many private parking court cases, and they all go for the £50 max, one could be forgiven for thinking it is a 'fixed' fee
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 17 May 2018 at 12:54AM
    Options
    Sorry to hear this, sounds like unlucky 'DJ lottery'. Which court and Judge?

When you filed your WS, what evidence did you provide, photos of the signs? What else?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure