PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Sunday 29th October 2017

Options
nmlc
nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 October 2017 at 7:25AM in Old style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Sunday 29th October 2017

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark and blustery here, dry underfoot and air cooler.

DH and myself enjoying first cuppas, both boys still in bed, DS1 went out last night so hasn't been home that long, expect he'll be in bed for a good part of the morning, but he's got the advantage of the extra hour. DS2 went out with my family as my sis, bro in law and my bro are all here this weekend, they all went to a local event with fireworks, DS2 said it was really good and they all had a good time. They all go home at various times today.

Dinner last night was sf chicken, pizza, french fries and HM coleslaw - all lovely and some coleslaw left, must make sure that doesn't get wasted. Lunch today will be roast beef, roasties, mash, cauli/broc cheese, carrots, peas, yorkshires and gravy - hoping I can make a decent job of the beef.

Yesterday we went to visit the parents once we'd had some lunch, DS2 stayed with my parents and family so he could go out with them and we then visited DH's parents for an hour before coming home and I did us some dinner. Had a chilled evening.

Now awake as the hour will throw our body clocks out for a day or 2 - DH said he thought he was doing quite well by staying asleep and in bed for as long as he did, then I reminded him we haven't changed the bedroom clock and it's wrong by an hour ......

We will be having a lazy chilled day, I'll organise pack ups whilst the lunch cooks, then chill this afternoon.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Comments

• TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC for kicking off. Much better day here than yesterday when we had gale force winds most of the day but at least it was fine.

We got back from our toils at the site yesterday absolutely shattered as we knew we would be. But the 'van is now stuffed full of the contents of the awning and it's now ready to be taken down with the help of DS and DD's bf today. All the "garden" pots and ornaments (DD's doing) are to move so we can finally cover the van for the winter. We have been praying for a fine day to do this and it seems we will be lucky!

I expected to sleep well last night as I felt so tired but not so, sadly. Been up since even sillier o'clock. Stuff praying on my mind as it does. Utilised my time by making up a big picnic box for the 4 of us today and doing some computer stuff - renewing tv licence and computer security being top priority.

Have a good day folks and (HUGS) for the sad, poorly or worried who want them. JACKIE hope DD convalesces well and Frank has a painfree and peaceful end. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 October 2017 at 1:51PM
    Options
    Morning everyone

Thanks for starting us off nmlc.

JackieOI I hope that Frank slips away peacefully. Hopefully your DD will make a quick recovery. They are all lucky to have you to take care of them. Look after yourself.

It turned out to be a nice day here yesterday. Unfortunately the forecast is for it to turn cold tonight with the first frost of the season expected tomorrow.

I have a glass uvpc entrance door. Although there is a small entrance hall and then a door which opens into the sitting room I get a cold draught coming into the sitting room from the hallway. Last year I bought a curtain and hang that on a tension rod across the door and it seems to work well so I dug that out yesterday and run the iron over it.

Today I need to get some housework done. It’s been a bit neglected recently and it is starting to show.

Have a good day everyone whatever you are doing.
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

I love the fact that the clocks went back on my weekend at work I got an extra hour in bed and feel quite refreshed ! although roll on tomorrow for my days off !

We had a frost here yesterday morning it was very cold and a shock to the system, I bought an electric fleece under blanket, I love a cold bedroom but I cant tell you the luxury of getting into a warm bed and drifting off to sleep ! :T even OH loves it

Off to work today so OH cooking and doing domestics I got a small bit of beef out which I got YS some time ago so he will be doing something with that.

Right better get on have good days all xx

Love to Jackie and family xx
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning :hello: [/FONT]
    LameWolf wrote: »
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Tru[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    Re going to Cornwall - you could do with the type of service I work for
    [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]No, not the [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]type[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] – just you, please :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Day Five - day off :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've gone over the notes I made during the last few days. I'm sleeping a bit better, have more energy and feel relaxed. While I'm not leaping about like the duracell bunny, lol, I can't believe what a difference just four days has made. I've kept the house up together, starting the housework as soon as I get up and apart from the hoovering, it's all done by 9am. Kept up with work too. And the best bit – crochet inspiration is hitting me from all directions :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've saved some money too, it wasn't intended but I was hoping it would happen :D I had a wobbly back tooth, too wobbly to save but I have a check-up at the dentist next friday so I was going to ask him to take it out there and then. But it's gone – helped by me poking it with my tongue – so now I won't have to pay for an extraction :D[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Top teeth aren't great, they look OK but they feel so weak now, they're on my mind pretty much all the time and I worry every time I eat. They're going to give up sooner rather than later so I'm going to ask him to take them out. This terrifies me so once I have the appointment, be prepared for my ramblings about dental things for a while :D When I start, I won't be offended if you put me in ignore :rotfl:[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll be doing my video once and walking Scampi this morning, but that's all. My new routine has been written in my diary ready to start tomorrow. If a list is in my head, I tend to let it float around in there til I get round to doing it, lol. But once it's are written in the diary, it becomes law and I always get it done.[/FONT]

:beer:
    Bulletproof
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Light outside already, I've been up for hours as my body clock is well and truly set!

Bedding in the WM, it should be a nice sunny day so will get that outside when it has finished.

I didn't go outside at all yesterday, spent the day pottering about and watching the TV. I did knit a pair of slippers but that was about it.

Look after yourself as well as everyone else JackieO.

Enjoy Sunday. Take care. XX
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Had a lie-in this morning and still up at just gone 7, love the clocks going back. Will enjoy a cup of tea and then head off to the yard, Lulu spent her first night in her stable so wonder what awaits me!!
    It was a busy, tiring afternoon yesterday so hope for something a bit more chilled today and, apart from preparing some food, don't intend doing much at all. I had meant to get some beef in the slow cooker this morning but forgot to get it out of the freezer last night so will need to think again.

Thoughts are with JackieO and her family, these last few days are bittersweet but all we can hope for is a pain free passing for our loved one.

Have a good Sunday folks x
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Options
    Morning all.
    Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.
    I've riddled the fire and topped it up I'm jumping in the shower in a sec so want the boat warm to get out.
    Hubby and I have a cuppa each, ill do a cooked breakfast later and roast chicken this evening.
    It's supposed to be sunny today so hopefully yesterday's washing will dry under the cratch cover.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 15,197 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Love that extra hour, slept well and feel energised ish for a sunday.

Gorgeous day after a really blowy night. Bedding in the wash so may get it on the line instead of a dining room drape.

Sunday brunch to watch soon with cleaning bursts in the ad breaks :D amazing what you can get done this way :)

Finished off the other half of my pie and peas for dinner last night ...the wonders of cooking for one and having to eat it for consecutive nights ...it was good though :)

Thinking chilli and wraps tonight

Hugs to Jackie O and anyone else in need
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,032 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone.

Gosh, it's colder today. Sky is bright with white cloud and (hopefully) some sun behind it.

I've bitten the bullet and put the bedding into the washing machine. I want to get it out on the line to blow around a bit, may not dry properly.

This morning I've got some more marking to do. I'm struggling with my own motivation here, I've so much of it and and it's not something I enjoy at all. I'll knuckle down later!

Yesterday I picked up a replacement DAB radio from JL as my original one stopped working. Today I find that the original one IS working again :p so I'll need to return the replacement. I'm not planning on going back to Glasgow this week so that will give me some to time to check that the original unit continues to work. If it failed once it could do that again. And I'm struggling to update another piece of kit so posted on the techie board about that. Not my day for technology.

Breakfast was toast and banana washed down with two cups of tea. Lunch will be using up some eggs somehow.

Thinking about the poorly ones, hope things go better.

Happy Sunday to all.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:
    It was sunny and breezy when I woke up so I have stripped the bed and the WM is on. One load is already on the whirly but it's clouded over now :(. I was hoping for another nice day but obviously that's too much to ask :rotfl:. When I remake the bed tonight, I think I will also change the summer duvet to a heavier one ready for the cold snap next week.
    I managed to get to sleep eventually after the Chinese, but woke in a flap about a cheque I had written. Was there enough in the bank to cover it ? Thought for 5 mins....of course there is ! Then why do I worry when I know I have done my sums. I have never, ever been overdrawn !
    Anyway I have had my breakfast and played Halloween Bingo, as you do on a Sunday :rotfl:Apparently Mr Fix It has been up for hours creating the game for the Halloween party and wanted me to test it out ! I have to do clues for a Halloween Treasure hunt tonight, as they were stored on my old kaput laptop, so new ones it is then.
    Not doing much today as Dad is coming over for lunch and tea. We are having the usual roast and then maybe toasties later at teatime followed by a raspberry and chocolate strudel. This afternoon Mr Fix It will be helping dad get the scratches out of his car as he's hit the garage wall, again :eek:, and I will be taking up the sleeves of his fleece jacket, they are about 4ins too long. ( we all seem to have short arms in our family )
    Enough waffling as the WM has finished, so I will hang the bedding out in the hope that it may dry a bit, then crack on preparing the veg.
    Have a good Sunday all
    JackieO thinking of you, Frank and your family.
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure