Two queries. First re: Resolver/ FSCS Second re: car dealer response to info request

Options
HI

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction please?
I used Resolver to raise a PPI complaint to GE Money for PPI which they have stated they had no record of. I had bought some windows and doors via Staybrite which I understand came under Bowater Home Improvements who are now out of business. Would I need to make the complaint to FSCS? I have today received a letter from GE Money regarding the outcome of Plevin and making an offer. The letter states that I may receive a higher rate of redress from the Broker, FSCS etc if they uphold the complaint.

Would I need to do a new complaint as when I look at the escalation on Resolver it states this would ask FSCS to look into GE Money rather than Bowater?

Second query.

I had some Black Horse Car Finance from a Care Dealership. I wrote to the dealership asking for some information in terms of the account numebr. They asked why I wanted this and I explained it was for a PPI claim. I provided no details as to why I thought i had been mis sold and they responded pretty much telling me there was no claim to be made! How they would know without having the details is beyond me and leaves me in doubt about the transparency and robustness of their processes In a case like this would I raise a complaint to FSCS or would I write to the broker in the first instance even thought they declined?

Thanks
Overdraft 1 £750- reduce by £50 per month
Challenges £2 savers and sealed money pot

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    First question - if the PPI was sold by a company out of business now and sold prior to 2005, the FSCS can do nothing. If it was after, providing there is evidence, they can refund 90% of the PPi but with no compensation.

Second question - Again, if this was sold by a car dealership and only provided by Black Horse, prior to 2005 they can dismiss your complaint and it goes nowhere.

We need more info.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • abimonster02
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. The sale of the windows was after 2005. The letter receive today indicates their calculations include:
    Loan Repayments ( including interest) paid to date towards the commission over 50% tipping point (including profit share)
    Gross simple interest calculated at 8% per annum on Loan repayments as detailed above
    Less 20% basic rate tax held with held on 8% interest paid to HMRC
    Net simple interest on the above calculated @ 8% payable to you

My query is now in respect of the Loan Repayments, where it states commission over the 50% tipping point does that mean only a % of the amount over 50% or is it the full percentage? eg if the commission was 70% are they basing calculations on 70% or 20% ( as that is the amount over the 50% tipping point)

In respect of the car finance that was pre 2005 so I understand they can dismiss the complaint but they appear to have done so without having full details of my complaint.

Thanks
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In respect of the car finance that was pre 2005 so I understand they can dismiss the complaint but they appear to have done so without having full details of my complaint.

What detaila do you want them to consider?
  • abimonster02
    Options
    The reasons I believe I was mis-sold ppi. They jumped straight to responding to the complaint rather than providing the account number I had asked for and did not give an opportunity to explain why I believed mis-selling had occured.
  • BoGoF
    BoGoF Posts: 7,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They wont care if you were mis sold. They wont consider it and dont have to.
  • societys_child
    Options
    where it states commission over the 50% tipping point does that mean only a % of the amount over 50% or is it the full percentage?
    As I understand it, only the excess over 50%.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure