Center Parcs on a budget?

Hi!

I’m a mother of 2 kids 4 and 7.

I’ve been lurking for a long time (5 years or so!) anyway.

We’re off to Centerparcs Woburn at the end of November for a midweek break.

We usually go to Butlins but the kids are getting older and my parents (kids grandparents) have paid for the trip but we don’t have a lot of spending money any tips to make it as fun but cheap as possible?

We will be taking some food with us and the money from our usual weekly shop.
We’ve also got some giant marshmallows for s’mores 😍

Also any other tips. Experiences of this perticular Park?
We’ve never been to Woburn but have been to all the other center Parcs when I was a child :)

Thankyou all so much!
Family of 4 and a cat, trying to reduce outgoings GC JAN £225.94/£250 GC FEB £93.20/£250

Comments

• tho_2
    tho_2 Posts: 326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    If you can, bring all the bikes you want with you, understand it's not possible if you don't have a car rack, but bike hire tends to be fairly steep.

Also bring swimming costumes, the pool tends to be the highlight and it's just about the only free activity!
  • Thankyou!
    :D
    I think we are fairly close to the pool, so will defiantly be going there most days. If not every day.

The kids have bikes but we don’t, I’m not sure if we will just skip the bikes this time. Might do bikes more when they’re older...

I’ve booked a couple of things for them to do, a crazy scientist activity as meeting santa on the last day! So that’s exciting.

Looks like it’ll be lots of swimming for us :)
    Family of 4 and a cat, trying to reduce outgoings GC JAN £225.94/£250 GC FEB £93.20/£250
  • cbsexec
    cbsexec Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Definately take the childrens bikes. They will love it. Mine just loved swimming and riding their bikes with no restrictions. (well, apart from people) Meal plan - so you take it with you and dont spend a lot on food there. Have a great time.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Do a food shop before as the on site shop is a little bit expensive.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • There is a Tesco is Flitwick where you can stock up on food - the ParcMarket is exorbitant!

Also, if you're into sports, take your own racquets, or if you just want to play for fun just get a cheap set out of the Pound shop, you'll save on equipment hire.
  • Kynthia
    Kynthia Posts: 5,665 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    If you want a bbq then bring your own cheap disposable ones to put on the brick bbq stand. Same with the logs for a log fire, although check you're buying the right type. There is a small sandy area by the lake so if the weather is okay you could bring a bucket and spade. You can spend all day in the pool and I think people take in their lunch. Also bring along inflatables and pool toys to save you buying them. The various playgrounds are good and you could bring board games or a games console for fun family evenings. If you do go to any restaurants or the sports bar there's usually a small soft play area although you're children might be a bit too old. Also I think sometimes the bowling price comes down if tgere aren't many bookings so double check when you're there.
    Don't listen to me, I'm no expert!
  • Thankyou all!

Will definitely be taking lunch to the pool! I’ve got a small cool bag so will pack that with the swimming gear, mine absolutely adore swimming so I think that’s where we will be mostly.

I’ll have to check what type of logs to get because I’ve got marshmallows for s’mores so if they’re cheaper outside CP I’ll get them before. :)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    If you're going to have flames, then a simple dough made just from flour and water, made thick as a dough, then stuck on a stick in knobs or sausage sizes can be held over the flames to cook the bread and eat it while still hot. I did that years ago.... it's lovely and exciting.
  • sandsy
    sandsy Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It’s smaller than the other Center Parcs. Not as flat as Sherwood or Elveden. The wave pool is smaller and has less character too but the slides, family raft and rapids (for good swimmers) are good.

You get wristbands instead of keys for your accommodation and these are also used for lockers at the pool, so no cash needed for lockers.

There’s free Wi-fi. And the lodges have DVD players if you want to take some DVDs In case the kids need some downtime.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure