We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Halifax 60months at 4.9 % interest how much interest a month
mercedes125
Posts: 402 Forumite
I'm looking at doing a balance transfer to halifax it's 4.9 % per annum for 60 months ! If I transferred £2000 how much interest would I pay each month in £ .
Thankyou
Thankyou
0
Comments
-
You could roughly divide 4.9% by 12 to get a monthly %. Then allow for a decreasing balance.0
-
If you pay it off in 60 equal monthly payments of £37.65 you will pay around £259 interest over the period with a maximum monthly interest of around £8. It all depends on how quickly you pay it off.
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
It looks like Halifax are doing the same thing as Lloyds and offering 60 months no fee at 4.9% instead of shorter 0% periods with a fee. My 0% offers from Lloyds, which used to be 18- 24 months (varied from month to month) with 3% fee have now disappeared to be replaced with this 60 month 4.9% offer.
This offer is ok for a very short period as there is no fee but unsuitable for a long term transfer. You will pay about 0.41% interest on the balance each month so fine for up to 6 months when compared to a 3% fee but not a good idea for any longer period.
If you are getting the full 60 month offer I imagine your credit files are ok. You would probably be better off applying elsewhere.0 -
Is this kind of offer any good? I have been offered this deal or a shorter, 0% BT. Not sure if it is worth some consideration.mercedes125 wrote: »I'm looking at doing a balance transfer to halifax it's 4.9 % per annum for 60 months ! If I transferred £2000 how much interest would I pay each month in £ .
Thankyou0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
