Transfer up a judgment to the High Court for enforcement

Options
2»

Comments

• Greta_Sharbo
    Greta_Sharbo Posts: 349 Forumite
    edited 28 December 2017 at 7:24PM
    Options
    You would be better off starting a new thread.

Edit: I didn't necessarily mean on a different board. Consumer rights board would have been fine for it
  • karxlee
    Options
    Hi, I’ve been given a default judgement against a tradesman who did a bad job, blamed it on somebody else,then disspapeared leaving my house in a complete mess. I emailed my concerns and asked him to resolve. I posted letter before action. No response. Claim was issued. No response. Now I have the judgment. Today I drove past the address he is linked to through disssolved businesses on companies house, but saw his vehicle parked at house on the opposite side of the road (literally less than a minutes walk away). Further digging today and discover he now lives at the address on other side of road. So, my two questions are:
    1) Can I send a HCEO to the newly discovered address or do I need to start the claim again?
    2) I know that he either contracts or is directly employed by another business now (but the work he did for me was just in his name). So, would I have more succcess requesting a third party debt order against this other business, or better to go down the HCEO route? Thanks for any advice.

Was he a sole trader or a Limited company? If he has dissolved the company then I'm afraid there is nothing you can do, you cannot make a claim against his new company (if he has one) because they didn't do the work on your house.

When I took ECLIPSE TINTING AND VEHICLE WRAPPING LIMITED to court, I took the company not the address, however my issue was the owner has tried to dissolve the company without paying his debts, which the HCO advised this is something they do all the time and there should be a law against it.

What I have done now is put a request in to stop him being allowed to dissolve his company. This was advise i was given from the HCO.

I'm in the same boat as you, I came on here looking for advise as I don't have a legal background.

I hope someone can help you more.
  • karxlee
    karxlee Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update:

ECLIPSE TINTING AND VEHICLE WRAPPING LIMITED based in Blackpool submitted their request to dissolve their company, however I have successfully submitted my own request to stop them from doing this, as they did not follow the correct process, they should have notified me they were intending on closing the company own, because they owe me money - they didn't !

So I filed an objection and it was agreed to place their request on hold for 3 months. Which if achieves nothing else but frustrate them then I'm fine with that, what it does for me is it allows the HCO to continue to chase him for the money they owe me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure