Comments

• HappyHarry
    HappyHarry Posts: 1,588 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 October 2017 at 2:32PM
    Options
    Typo
    5MeoDmt wrote: »
    Thankyou for the information, very helpful! :)

The firm is Delta Market and is partnered with solicitors called Allansons LLP.

Both look reputable as far as I can tell..

Delta Market? The same Delta Market (Limited) that seems to have started life in May 2017 with one 22 year old director? Just how much of a reputation do they currently have?
    (n.b. Companies House is your friend here)

Allansons LLP don't ring any alarm bells, but there is no information regarding a partnership with Delta Market on their website. I can't see any link anywhere between London based Delta Market and Bolton based Allansons solicitors.

I would think that a call to the solicitors might provide further information?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • 5MeoDmt
    5MeoDmt Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HappyHarry wrote: »
    Typo

Delta Market? The same Delta Market (Limited) that seems to have started life in May 2017 with one 22 year old director? Just how much of a reputation do they currently have?
    (n.b. Companies House is your friend here)

Allansons LLP don't ring any alarm bells, but there is no information regarding a partnership with Delta Market on their website. I can't see any link anywhere between London based Delta Market and Bolton based Allansons solicitors.

I would think that a call to the solicitors might provide further information?

The info I have is:

Nigel Gibbs MSc FdA
    Senior Bond Consultant / Private Client Division
    Delta Market

The South Quay Building
    189 Marsh Wall
    London
    E14 9SH

0203 858 0049
    double ewe dot deltamarket dot coh dot uk
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,166 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Anyone considering investment in bargepoles? ;)
  • HappyHarry
    Options
    The info I have is:

Nigel Gibbs MSc FdA
    Senior Bond Consultant / Private Client Division
    Delta Market

The South Quay Building
    189 Marsh Wall
    London
    E14 9SH

0203 858 0049
    double ewe dot deltamarket dot coh dot uk

That's the one. Look at the company registration number at the bottom of their web page, and look it up on Companies House.

The ability to build a website and write an email should not be seen as a sign of reputability.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
  • george4064
    george4064 Posts: 2,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Try Burford Capital, at least a quoted company.

Was going to suggest the same.
    "If you aren’t willing to own a stock for ten years, don’t even think about owning it for ten minutes” Warren Buffett

Save £12k in 2021 - #027 £15,268 (76%)
  • sorcerer
    sorcerer Posts: 878 Forumite
    Options
    I remember looking at Juridica Investments, for this sort of thing, but didn't do it, because I thought the risk was too high. When I looked at it at the time it was 145p a share, now it's 9p, with a dividend yield of 85%. Dodged a bullet on that one.
  • 5MeoDmt
    5MeoDmt Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HappyHarry wrote: »
    That's the one. Look at the company registration number at the bottom of their web page, and look it up on Companies House.

The ability to build a website and write an email should not be seen as a sign of reputability.

Thanks, I've learnt something today.

It says registered in 2015 though, no?
  • HappyHarry
    Options
    Thanks, I've learnt something today.

It says registered in 2015 though, no?

Yeah - but it didn't do anything until a change of director in May2017.

You can see the filing history on Companies House.
  • ermine
    ermine Posts: 757 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be clear i did sign up to a newsletter to recieve investment opportunities so it wasn't unsolicited

For the love of everything you hold dear, why? I guess the winter is drawing in and one needs kindling, but junk mail is usually good enough.

This is so obviously scammy - I mean for God's sake read their website
    Who is Delta Market?

Through a mixture of marketing and networking, Delta Market introduces prospective buyers with service providers.

Translation. We are middle men at best. You pay our rent.
    Our focus is on building and maintaining relationships on both sides of the transaction.
    Our Vision
    At Delta Market our vision for the future is simple, we want everyday people to be granted the same options as those who have a stronger foothold in the financial markets.
    Britain's area of expertise is in finance. We have very deep and very open markets. If you can pay, you can play. No need for middlemen or people with the right sort of strange handshake.
    We aim to break the barriers of convention that have been set over time by larger financial institutions and service providers. The way we feel this can best be achieved is by providing a link between prospective clients with products and services that in many cases would not be so easily accessible to the general public
    Fluff and rubbish. What are these barriers of convention and where do they assert they exist? After all, you are hiring these guys to help fix that problem, would be a good idea to see proof of the existence of these problems.

Observe they have agent as well as client login too, so there is another bunch of mugs/suckers who they are selling their services to, probably to write newsletters about excellent investment opportunities that offer even more of an ROI than 150% over 18 months.

Just say no. As a previous poster said, it doesn't even pass the smell test. And throw the newsletter in the bin unopened in future. And hope you haven't ended up on a sucker's list

There are ways of making an almost guaranteed 150% ROI. They're generally not legal.
  • Shashy
    Shashy Posts: 139 Forumite
    Options
    I think I'm actually out of sympathy for people who believe these things. I don't want anyone to lose money, but there is a certain Darwinism at play here.

Go ahead I say. Let us know how you get on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure