Cheapest transit van hire Swansea.

Hi,
Looking to hire a transit van to pick up some furniture.Half day rental preferably.Any help appreciated.

Comments

• vik6525
    vik6525 Posts: 16,347 Forumite
    I had terrible problems looking to hire a transit back in the summer... everywhere we tried was hideously expensive... In the end, I called one of the number in the papers, offering a 'pick up' service... They collected my sofa from mfi, brought it to my house, and carried it up the stairs (i live in a maisonette!) It only cost me £30, which I thought was very reasonable.. Give me a pm if you want the number!!
    You lied to me Edward. There IS a Swansea. And other places.....

*I have done reading too*
    *I have done geography as well*
  • myrnahaz
    myrnahaz Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Practical Car and van hire was by far the cheapest quote I had when I was looking for a transit 2 weeks ago when our works van broke down - I don't know exactly where in Swansea they are based; I had their number from the phone book.
    The others I tried, 1car1, Enterprise car hire and Brisco's, were all really expensive and required the driver to be over 25 (over 30 in our case as we needed to go to Ireland). In fact, we got as far as booking a van from 1car1 over the phone, but when we went to take the drivers details to the local office they said that they didn't actually have anything available - bizzarre. In the end, our own van was repaired quicker than we thought so we just delayed our trip for the day - but I was very impressed with the Practical man.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure