Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Why would keep repeating it?

Cos the same question keeps coming up: what savings accounts (other than Tesco, Post Office Savings and Scottish Widows) accepts deposits by DD. I
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    In light of what will happen to it why would keep repeating it? I semi understand highlighting it - but repeating it? Are you keen for that Avenue to be closed to you too?

I doubt they will all close it. If the monthly deposit is a respectable amount (not the £1 nonsense which Tesco were subjected to) and left to accumulate for a respectable period of time (as I have suggested), why wouldn't they want the deposits? They encourage deposits, even by payroll deduction.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If I knew how to I would.

Edit then choose (and confirm) Delete.
  • EachPenny
    EachPenny Posts: 12,239 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cos the same question keeps coming up: what savings accounts (other than Tesco, Post Office Savings and Scottish Widows) accepts deposits by DD.

Then people just need to be invited to actually read one of the many threads on the subject, rather than having the same answers continually repeated :)

Since you ask though, I have had a look at this option and none of the CU's local to me allow DD deposits. But I didn't feel the need to tell the World about it - because the information is only relevant to me and people living in roughly the same area.
    I doubt they will all close it. If the monthly deposit is a respectable amount (not the £1 nonsense which Tesco were subjected to) and left to accumulate for a respectable period of time (as I have suggested), why wouldn't they want the deposits? They encourage deposits, even by payroll deduction.

If the people who (ab)use Tesco all head for their local CU instead do you really believe they will have learned the lesson and will set up DD's for larger sums, leaving the money in the CU account for a respectable period of time? I certainly don't. :(
    "In the future, everyone will be rich for 15 minutes"
  • Rich2808
    Rich2808 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 30 October 2017 at 9:10PM
    Options
    MONEYTREE wrote: »
    Friends,

I have closed my Tesco and just this minute opened a Post Office Online Saver. It took 3 minutes and the DD is all set up!

Sorted!

Tesco will be the losers in this!

Why not keep your Tesco savings open until April - after all they are fine until then?

Because the Post office could of course withdraw their DD facility too - before then?

We have all been given 6 months notice - so fine open up the PO and SW accounts but don't drop Tesco just yet because who knows what policies can change by 22 April.

Credit unions are a great alternative - but you may be limited in choices as many require you to live or work in their operating area.
  • polymaff
    polymaff Posts: 3,904 Forumite
    Options
    I keep repeating this but (so far) no-one has replied to the effect that they are pursuing this: try your local credit unions.

Tried to follow your advice, Hattie, but couldn't get the website Google took me to to recognise that I don't live in Blackburn!

Any better credit union jump-off websites you can recommend?
  • FOREVER21
    FOREVER21 Posts: 1,729 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 October 2017 at 9:21PM
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    1. BOS for 3% interest. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month
    2. Halifax for rewards. 2 active different DDs need to pay out each month.
    3. Barclay for Blue Rewards 2 active different DD need to pay out each month.
    4. Coop 4DDs. Need to pay put each month but it does not need four different DDs, the same DD originator paying out four times (e.g weekly) per calendar month will be sufficient.
    5. M&S for RSA. 2 Active different DDs but it does not need to pay out each month.
    6. Tesco Current AC for 3% interest. Legacy Tesco current ac don't need any DDs,but recent openings need 3 different DDs. It will need to pay out each month (?)
    7. Club Lloyds Current Account. 2 active different DDs. It will need to pay out each month.

This is irrelevant to me but good to know:
    8. TSB doesn't need any DD for interest; But Recent openings need 2 different DD paying out for reward in addition to interest.
    9. Santander 123 1.5% - 2 different DD paying out each months. But in many cases this is already met by DDs generating cash back such as from utility bills, phone, council tax.

Have I missed something or something inaccurate ??

For multiple accounts a large number of DDs needed.

BOS only pay2% interest. not3%
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    And just to close it out, I don't think anyone's dismissed (9) yet, but is the DD requirement correct?
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    Options
    And just to close it out, I don't think anyone's dismissed (9) yet, but is the DD requirement correct?

No, it just needs two "Active" DD's per account. So ones that pay out just once a year would do.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    No, it just needs two "Active" DD's per account. So ones that pay out just once a year would do.
    Thanks, but it was more of a rhetorical question (for adindas), and intended to highlight the earlier comments of a) the blind leading the blind, and b) that we should be encouraging people to check for themselves by reading the respective T&Cs. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure