We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Tesco Savings DDs

Options

Comments

• surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 4,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Are you sure about this ??
    Have you tried it yourself or you know the link where someone else has confirmed this ??

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5725003
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    The forum has suddenly gone very quiet. Surely someone has something else to say.
  • darkidoe
    darkidoe Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I suppose manually withdrawing via DD through Paypal is still an option for those who are keen to keep these accounts needing DD open. Any other ideas what options are there out there?

Save 12K in 2020 # 38 £0/£20,000
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    PayPal's DD facility has been removed, certainly from the web interface and probably the app as well
  • datlex
    datlex Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Anyone happen to know if the requirement for 4 direct debit payments per month for Coop monthly reward and 2 for Barclays blue rewards is satisfied by payments from the same mandate, e.g, set up one weekly direct debit mandate to satisfy Coop?
    I was told it needs to be separate mandates, however can be from same source e.g. gas and elec.
    teddysmum wrote: »
    Let's hope so; back to the days with one bank account and savings which can stay in one place for a while.

Tesco's change has stopped my future plans to open two Lloyds accounts to take money whose time is up with TSB regular savers (probably have to go back into TSB's new lower paying)and cancelling a newspaper subscription as our main account with Co-op has 6 dds, including to a Tesco online saver, the newspaper account and a Sky subscription(due to end next month), which would leave 3 (one short).
    I don't like the idea of just one bank account. I originally opened a second for money management reasons.

Regarding Tesco. I have a savings account that I use to satisfy my M&S account. Will have to look else where for similar.
    Paid off the last of my unsecured debts in 2016. Then saved up and bought a property. Current aim is to pay off my mortgage as early as possible. Currently over paying every month. Mortgage due to be paid off in 2036 hoping to get it paid off much earlier. Set up my own bespoke spreadsheet to manage my money.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    37777290682_95a804fafe_z.jpg

This had to happen, given the onslaught of MSEers. I am surprised it lasted that long.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Try complaining to Tesco and ask why they are doing this.

I will be complaining as/when they formally advise me.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »

With regards Co-op, just open another d/debit with one of your Tesco accounts.

HTHs.
    That won't help as the current Tesco dd will suffice but it's losing that which causes the problem.

Also,as Lloyds will know about Tesco's policy change ,there's a possibility that they will refuse future accout applications where the only dds are from the Tesco accounts.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    datlex wrote: »
    I was told it needs to be separate mandates, however can be from same source e.g. gas and elec.
    I don't like the idea of just one bank account. I originally opened a second for money management reasons.

Regarding Tesco. I have a savings account that I use to satisfy my M&S account. Will have to look else where for similar.

Are gas and electric dual fuel accounts not given a discount because one bill/direct debit satisfies payment of both fuels so saves them admin costs ?

We've had a joint Co-op account for 45 years with no problem. The only reason for others has been to make up for lost interest on savings.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but with the Co-Op I believe just one direct debit suffices, if is taken weekly?

What company will take weekly direct debits ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport