IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Please help - parking charge complete lies!

Options

Comments

• Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    before you get carried away ......

due to the nature of this un regulated malarkey, you may still get a refusal to your appeal from the PPC :eek:

have a read through the newbies thread so you know what to expect should my premonition is correct

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

good luck

Ralph:cool:
  • Chelle2296
    Options
    Hi, I would definitely get in touch with tesco if you used your club card they can print receipts off for you with dates and times on also I am Staff and we regularly get notices through post and manager deals with them so they can be cancelled in store.
  • Julesiep
    Julesiep Posts: 180 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you for all your help. Following speaking to the shopping centre manager Park Watch have emailed me confirming cancellation of the parking charge! Wahoo! Thank you everyone for your help. I can now relax.
    JULES
    DMP:LBM May 2008 £50,970.68
    December 2013 £0
    Thanks to Stepchange
    PPI reclaimed £13,157.58 :Thanks to MSE and Martin
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Brilliant. That google maps thing is great! And you had enough other evidence to show you were at home/out and about and not in the car park (and of course the fact that you live close by so why would you leave your car there all day). You would have easily won any case against you. But it's a relief to have had it cancelled up front.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Ralph-y
    Options
    perhaps you might consider the below ....

this is a copy of a post by Bargepole ....

"Some action at last:

http://services.parliament.uk/bills/2017-19/parkingcodeofpractice.html

This Private Member's Bill has Government and cross-party support, and stands a good chance of making it into statute.

The full text of the clauses will be published nearer the date of the second reading, but my sources tell me it's something we should support.

Now would be a good time to write to your MP urging them to support it."

good luck

• Julesiep
    Julesiep Posts: 180 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I got an email from the shopping centre. I have already spoken to someone and they got the charge cancelled. However I find it interesting that the shopping centre say that they are aware of this “fault” which means people are getting these double dipping charges. I wonder how many vulnerable people are just paying the charge. This definitely looks dodgy and Park Watch should not be processing these charges if the cameras are supposedly faulty. I have emailed BPA about this.

Email says:
    “Thank you your email. I’m very sorry to hear you have been issued a parking ticket incorrectly. Unfortunately we had an issue with our ANPR camera’s at this time which we are aware of and in the process of getting corrected. It seems to be missing a read on the camera so when customers enter twice in one day it issues a ticket for the whole day. I’m very sorry that this happened to you and I would like to reassure you that this isn’t something that would happen again.”
    JULES
    DMP:LBM May 2008 £50,970.68
    December 2013 £0
    Thanks to Stepchange
    PPI reclaimed £13,157.58 :Thanks to MSE and Martin
  • Ralph-y
    Options
    you are doing well ... ,lots of posters do not bother reporting back :o

this is another thing to show your MP ......

it all helps

again

thank you

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,403 Forumite
    Options
    I’d write also to David Dunford of the DVLA and send him a copy of the correspondence you’ve received, including the ‘guilty as charged’ and ask him to investigate the dates between which the problem occurred, the PCNs that were issued for this site, the details of people issued with charges, those who paid, and confirmation from PW that everyone who paid has been refunded.

Then when he’s had that info from PW, he can do some random checks of those who paid, to ensure refunds have actually been made. Or am I doing his management job for him? ;)

david.dunford@dvla.gsi.gov.uk
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • discat11
    discat11 Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have both receipts?

damages and injunctive relief under of the Data Protection Act

Hi LOC, could you tell me what this phrase means and how it applies/applied to this case?

I am personally interested in where the DPA applies to ANPR gathered data and why parking enforcement might be construed as misuse enough to actually cause an offence.

I am not involved with PPCs although I've been a 'victim' more than once and am interested in how these anpr cameras comply within this act and the forthcoming GDPR.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,046 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    That's a lot of questions; better perhaps to start a new thread about it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure