We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Utility info

Ok - sorry if this is inthe wrong section - but first time here and cant find the utility forum -or contact MSE direct ...

I just had an email from MSE indicating I'm paying too much for my energy - I went to view MSE results and Ebico was the first in the list to save me a considerable sum .... BUT - I am already an Ebico customer and I know the info shown on the comparison page is wrong .... my advice is - don't take all the info you see for granted as this info comes from Money Supermarket - if MSE does not check the info supplied then MSE is trading on the strength and integrity of Money Supermarket- and we all know about these comparison sites .. so sorry to say - don't even trust everything you read on MSE!.I tried to contact MSE about this - but no contact details - so I feel I have to say something ..... I hope this helps ....

Comments

  • Tom99
    Tom99 Posts: 5,371 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    Maybe a different tarrif with Ebico would be cheapest.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 18 October 2017 at 10:56AM
    bmars wrote: »
    Ok - sorry if this is inthe wrong section - but first time here and cant find the utility forum -or contact MSE direct ...
    It's the 'Energy' forum you need.

    But if you want to contact them about the figures on the Cheap Energy Club, click on 'Help/FAQ' and their email is at the foot of that.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,523 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Wrong section ..... but ...... 99% of the incorrect predictions from comparison sites are due to incorrect input by the consumer or misinterpreting of the (ofgem mandated methodology) results.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.