Second hand car purchase nightmare - small claims advice

Options
2»

Comments

• iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    No they don't. Only credit cards have section 75 cover, a visa debit card has no such facility.

This may be strictly true legally, but Visa do often entertain claims as if they were lodged under section 75. It is worth a try.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • Fuzzyness
    Fuzzyness Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    Are the a LTD company, trader or trading name.
    Which did you sue.

we issued the claim against the company name against which the money went which was a limited company.

i suspect that the operarting garage where we bought the car is part of a group of companies. the limited bit, when we checked on companies house has little assets.

anyway, since enforced judgement and issued a warrant of control against the owner, providing trading address and home address for the bailiffs to visit.

fingers crossed.
  • Fuzzyness
    Fuzzyness Posts: 635 Forumite
    Options
    an update.

since we had the warrant of control issued prior to christmas, the bailiffs visited the registered address towards the end of february. as it was a registered address only, there were no assets to recover.

bailiffs suggested amending name on Order, so make an application to court to do so. have to go to court tomorrow to have application to change order heard by a judge.

interestingly, since the bailffs turned up, the owner has dissolved the company that the claim was made against.

i'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do next. any suggestions, even if it is to speak to a solicitor greatly appreciated.
  • Fuzzyness
    Options
    finally i have my day in court next month. nearly 2 years since purchasing the car i am able to set out my case in court.
  • simoneva
    Options
    I have similar experience. Bought a car for £6K and returned it. Been to court and got a CCJ but they then stopped trading under that name. Now applied to change the name for enforcement and the court have given me a date in 5 months!

I emailed asking why it needed a hearing (ticked the box saying no hearing required). They tell me they will respond in 31 working days.
  • Exemplar
    Exemplar Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good luck, interested to hear how this goes.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out of interest what was the original fault and could it of been fixed?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure