Your buyer wants to cancel....

Options
This is the first of the new cancellations I have had.

The wording in the message is:
Reply to the buyer soon
Hello xx

yyy wants to cancel an order.

Don't keep the buyer waiting - see the cancel details and reply to the buyer by 20 Oct, 2017. If you already shipped the order, you don't need to cancel it. Just let us know.

If you agree to cancel this order, please refund the buyer right away. You don't need to log in to PayPal to do it. You'll then receive a final value fee credit in your account that you can use towards listing more items to sell on eBay.

There is no other details on the cancellation request and you can click Yes or No to cancel and refund immediately.

I had heard this was coming in but it's the first time I've had it used.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,306 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This is the first of the new cancellations I have had.

The wording in the message is:

There is no other details on the cancellation request and you can click Yes or No to cancel and refund immediately.

I had heard this was coming in but it's the first time I've had it used.

I suppose it is clearer than a lot of ebay messages, some of the new initiatives are quite incomprehensible.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It is clearer. Like all big changes, it would have been good if they said formally that it was coming and perhaps had someone proof read and adjust the messages for the UK market.

The message on refunding:
    All done! You agreed to cancel an order from yyy on 17 Oct, 2017, and the buyer received a refund already. You don't need to do anything else. Thanks for canceling this order for the buyer.

You'll get a final value fee credit on your account that you can apply towards listing more items for sale on eBay. Please note that it can take up to 24 hours to post the final value fee credit to your account.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure