Ebay RM signed for not delivered.

Options
I sent something 1st class signed for on 10th Oct.

I messaged the buyer and they thanked me for letting them know.

I have checked the tracking and it says delivery was attempted on 11th Oct and a card was left.

Since then there is nothing more.

Would this have been updated if buyer had collected or had re-delivered or does it get left?

I have not heard anything from the buyer so I am assuming they have it by now.

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I sent something 1st class signed for on 10th Oct.

I messaged the buyer and they thanked me for letting them know.

I have checked the tracking and it says delivery was attempted on 11th Oct and a card was left.

Since then there is nothing more.

Would this have been updated if buyer had collected or had re-delivered or does it get left?

I have not heard anything from the buyer so I am assuming they have it by now.

It is likely that it will never update, quite a few don't if they are collected. You could perhaps message the sender though to point him towards the message in case a card wasn't left and he is wondering where the item is, it is odd though that he hasn't questioned it yet.

Custardy will confirm, but I think signed for items are left at the sorting office for 15 days, so it is likely still to be there.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    18 days for all items now (excluding customs/fee 2 pay items)
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    It is likely that it will never update, quite a few don't if they are collected. You could perhaps message the sender though to point him towards the message in case a card wasn't left and he is wondering where the item is, it is odd though that he hasn't questioned it yet.

Custardy will confirm, but I think signed for items are left at the sorting office for 15 days, so it is likely still to be there.

I would of thought as they knew when it was sent and expected the next day they would have been in touch by now if they did not get a card.

I think I will wait to see if they contact me.

Thank you.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,310 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »
    I would of thought as they knew when it was sent and expected the next day they would have been in touch by now if they did not get a card.

I think I will wait to see if they contact me.

Thank you.

You say it was due next day- do you mean you sent it special delivery as that would be guaranteed next day but I don't think the item is held as long.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,226 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What happens in this situation if you go online and ask for a redelivery? Would this trigger an updating of the record to show delivery if this has already happened? If it is still waiting at the depot would the 18 day period before it is returned to sender be reset?
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    soolin wrote: »
    You say it was due next day- do you mean you sent it special delivery as that would be guaranteed next day but I don't think the item is held as long.

No not special delivery, just first class signed for.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    martindow wrote: »
    What happens in this situation if you go online and ask for a redelivery? Would this trigger an updating of the record to show delivery if this has already happened? If it is still waiting at the depot would the 18 day period before it is returned to sender be reset?

It should be scanned at the doorstep again delivered/undelivered.
    Tracked/SD items should update as ready for delivery then delivered/undelivered.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    Options
    Messaged the buyer, they have received it but they only picked it up late yesterday and it has now updated with the signature.

So all good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport