Morrisons party food VENT

Options
2»

Comments

• knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,992 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plus it gets worse, the new Morrisons book is out but a lot of food cannot be ordered till later in the year!
    We are just two weeks away from the party!
    Plus online it is difficult/impossible to tell which Morrisons food is ready to eat and which needs cooking.
    The nightmare continues!
  • Laz123
    Laz123 Posts: 1,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just give them a lot of plonk. They'll be so drunk they won't care if there's no food.

Seriously, why not make it a cheese and wine party?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 October 2017 at 1:06PM
    Options
    Can either you or your wife/partner make yourself available to cook said items or ask a friend to cook the food that needs it.

You can buy alot of food that can be used as party food eg sausage rolls, cocktail sausages, cheese and onion rolls (for those vegetarians), small pasties, other party food is available, these can be found in the chilled section and these dont need a cooker just a fridge when you get home.

Cheese and pineapple too. Have you tried sainsburys ? They do party food, maybe not party food but they do a platter of sandwiches, speak to a member of staff on the deli counter.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are there any companies who supply businesses with buffet food for lunch or meetings? Company I work for uses one who can supply any number of people with a great selection of finger foods.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,577 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Easy to DIY in advance. As suggested above, lots of different kinds of cheese, platters of cold meats, buy good quality ready made quiche, sausage rolls, pork pies etc. Bowls of salad leaves (get bagged washed), cherry tomatoes in bowls etc etc.

Ready made coleslaw, potato salad, pasta salad etc. Loads of choice in supermarkets.

Buy instore bakery bread fresh on the day and provide knives for guests to cut for themselves or slice up in baskets when you are ready to serve.

If you want desserts, again plenty of cheesecake, gateaux available frozen.

Alternatively if you don’t want the hassle you may have to bite the bullet and get the caterers in!
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There's a Chinese/Asian buffet-type restaurant near me and they cater parties - I'm sure such an establishment would be delighted to cater a party for 60 people. Their food is delicious and the variety amazing. I'd certainly be looking at something like this.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another question, where are you holding it, have you considered maybe a local pub who could provide you with the food and the space for the numbers going.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,992 Forumite
    Options
    As I keep saying we will be very busy before the party and we will not have an oven. Morrisons now say that party food must be collected from a store and easy entertaining food is delivered!
  • Lozz
    Lozz Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    M&S party food to order and collect. Everything comes on its own serving platter so it's simply a case of taking the plastic lids off. It's not cheap but it's quick and easy and looks and tastes good.
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    As I keep saying we will be very busy before the party and we will not have an oven. Morrisons now say that party food must be collected from a store and easy entertaining food is delivered!

Cook it the day before
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport