So many survey sites, which one?

Hi

Does anyone have any personal experience with the different survey sites as there are so many which one would you recommend?

Thanks

Comments

• tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I think it's different for different people. I registered with loads of sites and some I have stuck with while others have been dropped for whatever reason.

Current favourites (mainly due to regular and consistent surveys/income) are:

-Valued Opinions
    -Global Test Market (was going to give this up after recent changes but they're still providing a decent number of surveys)
    -Prolific Academic
    -One Poll

For clarity just these four sites have provided over £1030 this year.

Other sites I like are:

-Populous Live - well paying and not too many screenouts
    -Yougov - fairly regular and fairly well paid
    - New Vista - OK pay but slow to get to the £50 threshold
    All the above have a £50 threshold which can take a while to get to.

Sites I use but either don't pay particularly well or surveys are few and far between:

-Research opinions - hardly earning anything form this at the moment so it will be ditched at the end of the year
    -Pinecone Research - well paid but surveys are infrequent

I'd recommend signing up for a few and see how you get on, if you don't like them ditch and try others.

A big thing is being proactive and actually looking for surveys on these sites rather than waiting for invites. Once I started this my earnings rocketed as opposed to when I waited for the invite emails.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    I use Yougov & Ipsos regularly and had payouts with no problems.

The Yougov surveys seem to take longer than Ipsos but they pay cash whereas the Ipsos gives you vouchers/pre-paid cards.

Also, I seem to get a large amount of Ipsos surveys saying that there are already enough respondants (although you do get some points) whereas if Yougov send me a survey, I can always complete it.
  • A couple to avoid Toluna, a very low paying site and a history of people being blocked for no reason, inbox pounds, low paying surveys and a high payment t hreshhold.

I like prolific academic as the surveys are usually interesting and well paid, yougov though I have yet to get a pay out because the surveys are fairly short fairly paid and you hardly ever get screened out and Mintvine which is very straight forward to use. They all pay cash.
  • Is it worth it? Considering the amount of time you have to spend? I'll try Yougov
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Prolific academic by miles but its completely different to all the others as you you actually have to do stuff not just give your opinion on mobile phone providers etc.
    You Gov - takes ages to get to £50 payout but doesn't screen out and send you an email when there is a survey so you don't have to keep checking
    Ipsos also emails but does screen out although you get a few points for trying so they do gradually clock up.
    I also do valued opinions and my survey on and off and have had a reasonable number of vouchers from both.
    I'm signed up with several others which I do less regularly depending how busy I am.
  • tykesi
    tykesi Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Is it worth it?

That's completely down to the individual, it is for me but then I'm lucky enough to be able to check regularly even when I'm working so effectively getting paid twice.
  • Is it worth it? It is for me as I am retired, time rich and pocket money poor. If you want serious money it would probably be better to get a part-time job but if you want to earn a few vouchers for Christmas presents or a few pounds for some treats give it a go.
  • Prolific Academic is the best by miles, interesting and well paid studies. In addition to the ones tykesi mentioned I quite like Mintvine, Panelbase and Opinium Research. If you sign up to several you will soon work out which ones to keep and which ones to dump.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Is it worth it?

If you consider being paid to click a few buttons whilst you're sitting in front of the tv/fire "worth it" then yes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure