Reporting Changes to PIP

Options
Hi, I was diagnosed with ME in 2013 but they're now saying I was misdiagnosed and saying it's something else. Would I have to inform PIP of this even though the symptoms are similar? Also I'm on a few new medications.. but day to day it affects me the same. Do you they need to know about medication changes?

Thanks.

Comments

• nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    PIP isn't awarded for a diagnosis, it is awarded for care mobility needs.

as long as these needs are still the same, you don't have a notafiable change of condition
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    skye_ wrote: »
    Hi, I was diagnosed with ME in 2013 but they're now saying I was misdiagnosed and saying it's something else. Would I have to inform PIP of this even though the symptoms are similar? Also I'm on a few new medications.. but day to day it affects me the same. Do you they need to know about medication changes?

Thanks.
    What happened to your award in the end? Weren't you awarded points for something that you have no issues with? Did you contact DWP about this error?
  • skye_
    skye_ Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    PIP isn't awarded for a diagnosis, it is awarded for care mobility needs.

as long as these needs are still the same, you don't have a notafiable change of condition

Thanku....
  • poppy12345
    Options
    As you've ignored my question then i'll take that as you didn't tell them you were given points by mistake. Just remember that it takes 1 person to report you, i just hope for you that doesn't happen.
  • skye_
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    As you've ignored my question then i'll take that as you didn't tell them you were given points by mistake. Just remember that it takes 1 person to report you, i just hope for you that doesn't happen.

You really do need to get a life if you're still talking about these extra 2 toilet points. I had 8 points already so the two extra points do not make one blind bit of difference. Who is going to come to the toilet with me, watch me get on and off then report me to the DWP?? :rotfl:
  • poppy12345
    Options
    skye_ wrote: »
    You really do need to get a life if you're still talking about these extra 2 toilet points. I had 8 points already so the two extra points do not make one blind bit of difference. Who is going to come to the toilet with me, watch me get on and off then report me to the DWP?? :rotfl:
    You were also awarded mobility part and scored 8 points and clearly stated "you have no problems with your mobility" so i obviously don't need to get a life!! People have problems being awarded because they geniunely have issues. When someone is claiming something they're not entitled to it annoys me!!
  • skye_
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You were also awarded mobility part and scored 8 points and clearly stated "you have no problems with your mobility" so i obviously don't need to get a life!! People have problems being awarded because they geniunely have issues. When someone is claiming something they're not entitled to it annoys me!!

I get very weak so probably means I can’t walk ‘reliably and in a safe manner’.

Have a nice day.
  • Hoogle
    Hoogle Posts: 214 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be fair if on your application your main grounds were due to a medical condition of a diagnosis and now that diagnosis does not back up your claim ie you do not suffer from ME comes from any random test (I believe they can write your doctors asking for an updated medical record at any time) and if it no longer says ME then that could be grounds to stop your PIP payment. Personally with ME or any similar diagnosis the outcome is the same and your reward should not be changed but I would update them as you really do not want any grounds that you have done anything wrong. DWP are very good at removing benefits and even asking for them to be paid back.

I am not saying you should do anything (often had problems with being to honest myself and going weeks of suspended benefits until rewarded again) But I do believe they like to be updated as soon as possible hence the change of circumstances for existence. And I remember reading somewhere in various applications that if I fail to update them of any changes then benefits could be sanctioned/frozen or removed.
  • cantcope
    cantcope Posts: 1,886 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I would notify them straight away. If you were to be reported or they just randomly ask for updated records you risk them stopping and claiming it all back with fines on top.
    Surely if the symptoms are the same your benefit rate shouldnt change but if you don't tell them you are then committing fraud.
    Last bet : 26th Oct 2006:j Debt free 25th Feb 2008:j Living "my" dream:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport