unlucky items

Options
Has anyone had an item that just seems doomed to cause issues?

I have this widget, listed it about 13 months ago and it eventually sold just before Christmas via a 'Best Offer' but buyer never paid so I ended up down the NPB route. Sold again a few months later via auction, this time via the GSP programme, and again never paid for so ended up down the NPB route again. Relisted it as a fixed price this time, again a GSP buyer made an offer which I accepted, different country though, never paid and another NPB.

Finally sold it again a few days ago via auction, an Italian registered buyer with OK feedback and a UK address (I do not ship to Italy) and again no payment. I'm only on day 3 but am tempted to just open an INR as I honestly feel this item is doomed :(

I might just put it back up if this sale fails as a BIN, no offers, immediate payment required and just leave it there as it is beginning to bug me.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

• smallholdingsister
    Options
    I guess I have just got rid of an unlucky item. People kept buying it and then expecting me to courier from "collection only". I am still expecting it to bite me on the bum somehow.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,306 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess I have just got rid of an unlucky item. People kept buying it and then expecting me to courier from "collection only". I am still expecting it to bite me on the bum somehow.

Ah yes, that's the other one I've had in the past, I got that one when I used to sell on facebook groups. In fact I still have an item here that everyone wants and which sold several times and then after a delay of a few days I got the dreaded message ' can you just drop it by as I think it's a bit too big and heavy for my car' - or 'I would collect as arranged but my back hurts, you wouldn't mind just dropping it round next time you are out would you?'- arghhh.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • mrcol1000
    mrcol1000 Posts: 4,791 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have a small item that I have sold six times this year. Three times it wasn't paid for. Twice buyer returned due to change of mind. Sold it a few weeks ago and hasn't come back yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure