IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CEL parking defence help!?

Options

Comments

• Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    It means to ask the judge to tell everyone what to do.
    I think you should complain Direct to this Amanda person - read the link I posted.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73392369#post73392369

Amanda Beck's email is there - email her a serious complaint.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • 777ade777
    Options
    It means to ask the judge to tell everyone what to do.
    I think you should complain Direct to this Amanda person - read the link I posted.

I'll certainly email Amanda with a serious complaint.

I'll also call the court (If they pick up the phone) and ask why this has been submitted as a defence!
  • 777ade777
    Options
    Called CCBC and they've said Amanda will call me within 24 hours.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Loadsofchildren123 Posts: 2,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 13 November 2017 at 6:23PM
    Options
    Brilliant. Be ready to quote the rule that says defence due 14 days after the further PoC, not 14 days after your AoS. Do not assume that anyone at MCOL knows the rules. They are all admin staff.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • 777ade777
    Options
    No phone call as yet so I've emailed her with the email posted on other threads, this is what I've said.

Attached envelope.

Dear Amanda Beck,

Regarding Claim Form ******** , I am writing to the court to complain that Civil Enforcement Limited (CEL), the Claimant in the above case, has deliberately backdated the Particulars Of Claim which were served separate to the claim form pursuant to CPR Rule 7.4 (1)(b).

The Claim form was issued on 11th October, stating that the detailed Particulars of Claim would be provided to me within 14 days after service of the claim form.

The further Particulars of Claim and covering letter were sent under cover of 1st November 2017. As such, according to Rule 6.3(b) they were served on the 3rd November 2017. However they were dated the 11th October 2017. There is a witness statement to corroborate these dates.

The Claimant has made a poor attempt to conceal the actual date on which it served the further Particulars by backdating them by 22 days, together with the covering letter. I would direct you to the fact that the claimant has also failed to include a signed Certificate of Service which would be supported by a Statement of Truth, in a clear attempt to avoid the consequences, via CPR 32.14, of filing false evidence.

I cannot fathom any reason for the Claimant having backdated its further Particulars of Claim, other than to try to gain an advantage by making it appear that I have filed my defence late, or by confusing me into having to rush to file my defence prematurely. This is a serious matter and I ask that this is formally noted on the claimants file.

This is a commercial Claimant pursuing many other claims of this nature. It must therefore have knowledge of, and understand, the Civil Procedure Rules and these sorts of blatant breaches should not be allowed because they prejudice Litigants in Person who are not versed in court procedures and the court rules. It is with some difficulty that I have understood the various obligations and time limits set out in the Civil Procedure Rules, as a Litigant in Person, whereas the commercial Claimant has no such excuse.

Furthermore, I also called County Court Business Centre yesterday morning and they said you would be calling me within 24 hours? This is regarding my email sent to the CCBC notifying them that the Particulars of Claim from was backdated, this was legitimate correspondence and should not be accepted as a defence. However, I received a voicemail from yourself confirming that this would be submitted as a defence. My defence is not due to be submitted until the 17th November, I will be submitting the defence before that date, the email sent previous on the 5th November was to inform the court of the backdating done by Civil Enforcement Limited (CEL).

I would like a swift response please as my deadline for a defence is fast approaching.

Your faithfully,

• 777ade777
    Options
    This email account is not manned daily and should not be used for court correspondence. Please forward your email to the correct email address: ccbc@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

CCBC/MCOL/TEC/CAPS Helpdesk Manager
    CCBC Northampton

Should i forward it anyone? And to ask FAO Amanda Beck???
  • RustyRascal
    Options
    Just as a heads up, both myself and a few others have received similar emails from the email address given by Amanda with the following content;

Good morning,

Further to your correspondence regarding the claim made against you, I see from our system that a defence was entered on the 6th November.

The County Court Business centre is not able to deal with complaints against Civil Enforcement Ltd; if you wish to file a complaint then this should be made direct to Civil Enforcement Ltd. Alternatively you can make an N244 application to a District Judge. Guidance has been attached along with the Help with Fees guidance.

Please note Court staff are not legally trained and cannot provide legal advice. If you are uncertain how to proceed, the Civil Procedure Rules available on the Ministry of Justice website - http://www.justice.gov.uk – provide details. On many occasions it is best for people to seek professional legal advice from a solicitor, legal executive, legal advice agency or Citizens Advice Bureau. You can also contact Community Legal Advice for free on 0845 345 43 45 or via their website at http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/.

I have responded to the person (not Amanda who sent this email back) with the following;

Good morning,

I spoke with Amanda Beck last week. She requested I email per personally via this email address with evidence of the abuse of the court's processes that are currently being carried out by Civil Enforcement Limited. She advised me she would share this information with the Court's Customer Insight Team to avoid this happening to others in the future.

As she also requested, I have shared this email address with others that are in the same situation as me.

I have of course complained direct to Civil Enforcement Limited, but the complaint will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears there as they have no interest in responding if the court are not instructing them otherwise. The court are the ones facilitating the process which they are blatantly disregarding and as such are enablers.

Please can you confirm that my request was forwarded on to the Customer Insight Team as promised by Amanda, and others who's emails are coming through to you are being treated with the level of seriousness they deserve?

Kind regards

Will see what they come back with from this...
  • ruffneck247
    ruffneck247 Posts: 48 Forumite
    edited 14 November 2017 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Just as a heads up, both myself and a few others have received similar emails from the email address given by Amanda with the following content;

Good morning,

Further to your correspondence regarding the claim made against you, I see from our system that a defence was entered on the 6th November.

The County Court Business centre is not able to deal with complaints against Civil Enforcement Ltd; if you wish to file a complaint then this should be made direct to Civil Enforcement Ltd. Alternatively you can make an N244 application to a District Judge. Guidance has been attached along with the Help with Fees guidance.

Please note Court staff are not legally trained and cannot provide legal advice. If you are uncertain how to proceed, the Civil Procedure Rules available on the Ministry of Justice website - http://www.justice.gov.uk – provide details. On many occasions it is best for people to seek professional legal advice from a solicitor, legal executive, legal advice agency or Citizens Advice Bureau. You can also contact Community Legal Advice for free on 0845 345 43 45 or via their website at http://www.communitylegaladvice.org.uk/.

I have responded to the person (not Amanda who sent this email back) with the following;

Good morning,

I spoke with Amanda Beck last week. She requested I email per personally via this email address with evidence of the abuse of the court's processes that are currently being carried out by Civil Enforcement Limited. She advised me she would share this information with the Court's Customer Insight Team to avoid this happening to others in the future.

As she also requested, I have shared this email address with others that are in the same situation as me.

I have of course complained direct to Civil Enforcement Limited, but the complaint will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears there as they have no interest in responding if the court are not instructing them otherwise. The court are the ones facilitating the process which they are blatantly disregarding and as such are enablers.

Please can you confirm that my request was forwarded on to the Customer Insight Team as promised by Amanda, and others who's emails are coming through to you are being treated with the level of seriousness they deserve?

Kind regards

Will see what they come back with from this...

I will send also send an email as per yours. I received the same email as yours with PDF attachment:

Good Afternoon,

I have been advised that Amanda Beck is dealing with complaints regarding Civil Enforcement Limited's blatant disregard for court process.

Please can you ensure that Amanda Beck receives my email dated 13/11/17.

I have re-attached the original documents to this email.

Kind Regards
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 November 2017 at 1:48PM
    Options
    RustyRascal

I congratulate you on your continued attack.
    You may have discovered a flaw in the legal system
    and this Amanda does not know what to do except
    suggesting you spend money to complain

You may wish to report this to
    The Rt Hon David Lidington MP

Lord Chancellor and Secretary of State for Justice
    [EMAIL="david.lidington.mp@parliament.uk"]david.lidington.mp@parliament.uk[/EMAIL]
    [EMAIL="office@aylesburyconservatives.com"]office@aylesburyconservatives.com[/EMAIL]

Seriously, this sounds like reply from the IAS scam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport