IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help Requested With WS - Court Hearing vs Gladstones & PPM Ltd

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• muleskinner
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Wouldn't hurt, would it?! :D

OK, so I've been thinking about this and think that maybe the best approach is to write to the landowner to try and confirm 100% whether they were operating there legally or not.

I don't want to go off 'half cocked' to the Police, particularly as this area has pretty much one copper covering it and I don't want to get myself a reputation as a timewaster.

I don't really care about wasting the DVLA and IPCs time though so may just write to them anyway. :p

Here's what I'm thinking of sending to the landowner. If they don't respond within 14 days or so I'll pass the complaint on to the police and then at least I can say that I tried to cover all the bases.

====

RE: Possible Illegal Ticketing at Kingston Mills, Bradford-on-Avon

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing as the Land Registry identifies Linden Homes as the landowner of the Kingston Mills site at Bradford-on-Avon. This letter concerns the activities of a private parking company named ‘Parking & Property Management Ltd’ (PPM) who have been ticketing residents at this site, allegedly under the instruction of Linden Homes.

In a recent court case, case number D7GF8W3H in the Chippenham and Trowbridge County Court, the evidence presented (and accepted by the Judge) indicated that PPM have been operating on the site in an area outside the bounds of their contract with Linden Homes.

The area in question is the loading bay in front of the Co-op store on Lamb’s Yard, highlighted in yellow on the attached map. The contracts presented by PPM appear to cover only the residential areas of the site highlighted in pink on the attached map. The time period in question is from October 2016 to December 2017.

Please could you respond within ten days to confirm whether or not Linden Homes had instructed PPM to enforce parking restrictions in the specified bay in Lamb’s Yard and if so what these restrictions should have been?

Alternatively, if you are not the landowner, or if responsibility for that bay is covered by a lease (e.g. to the Co-op) please could you provide this information?

This is a serious issue and has implications for many local residents who have received parking charges there. This bay is of particular importance as it provides necessary access to the Post Office for the elderly and the disabled.

I am not implying any wrongdoing by Linden Homes, I simply want to find out whether PPM were operating within the bounds of their contract.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I don't really care about wasting the DVLA and IPCs time though so may just write to them anyway.
    That's the spirit!

Your letter to Linden Homes looks perfectly reasonable too.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure