Adventure wanted, but first we must rid ourselves of debt

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,662 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You are doing well with getting the debt figures down and building up savings too. I think you might find you fell better about the debt when that CC2 is at 0 as that will be half the cards gone. Also bear in mind it took a while to build the debt up so there is no way it will be paid off in the few short months you have been debt busting.

35% of your annual target is brilliant considering we are still in March.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    You're doing great :)
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on 35% :T :T :T
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • charlies_tribe
    charlies_tribe Posts: 1,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You are doing fantastic! The totals are going down at a great pace and you've got the emergency fund sorted too.
    LBM in April 17 - £14998/£33554 (44.6%) paid. Mortgage@1 June 18 = £9935/£76350 paid.Total debt @june 18 £102311 now £84972GC Jan £40.99/£500 2021 declutter 85/2021 items 0/20 bags clothes
  • AdventureWanted
    AdventureWanted Posts: 1,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) I think getting rid of CC2 will help me feel a bit more like I'm getting somewhere with the debt free journey. Really hoping to have CC2 paid off by July when the 0% period ends.

I've had a busy few days meeting up with friends, which has been brilliant, a bit spendy and exhausting!! The DC have loved spending all day playing with their friends and I've enjoyed a good catch up with the mums.

Today I have made my first pad of April - £5 to CC2. Need to get back into rounding down the bank account daily, as I enjoyed doing it and seeing the difference it was making to the debt and EF. Not sure whether to round down the pennies to the CC, put in the EF or maybe a separate savings account until it's a nice figure to send to the CC. Not sure why I dislike the Cc balance not being a round figure, but there we go!

DH started on his course today. This week he isn't going in to work after the course, so it's been nice having him home in time for dinner. Have no idea about working hours for next week, as the place he's at are now unsure if he can still do it!! It will be pretty irritating if he can't do additional hours, as it really would help financially, but on the other hand it will be nice having him home at a reasonable time every day. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    Debt at highest - £43,148.59
    Current debt - £18,880.00
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    Options
    Great on the first payment of April :) I would look at your husband's situation as a win/win sort of thing. Whatever happens there will be a benefit for it weather being home early or earning more to help get the debt down faster.
    It's lovely to have a good catch up ,I'm in desperate need of one of them myself. X
  • AdventureWanted
    Options
    Yesterday was such a glorious day, the sun shone brightly for the majority of the day. DC1 & 2 had swimming lessons, so we were out for most of the afternoon. Am very very proud of DC2 she got her 150m badge yesterday. She was exhausted afterwards, which explains why she was still asleep this morning at 7!!

Yesterday I rounded down the bank account sending £6 to CC2 and £1.57 to debt savings.

Today DH has been paid for additional work from last month, so we've paid £184 to CC2 (£4 is a bank round down) and a whopping 4p to debt savings!!

The sun is out again, so hopefully it'll stay dry all day. Currently have no plans for the day, which I'm actually really pleased about. A nice quiet day pottering around and playing in the garden would be bliss.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
    PAYDBX 2021 - #29 Pd £2,355 / £8,000 PAYDBX 2020 - Pd £6,459.00 | PAYDBX 2019 - Pd £16,945.60 | PAYDBX 2018 - Pd £15,010.60.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you've had a good day xx
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • AdventureWanted
    Options
    I've had a lovely weekend with DH and the DC. Visited a friend yesterday who's recently had a baby. The DC loved playing with her daughter whilst I got to chat to my friend and have baby cuddles. Her baby is tiny (5lb 11 at 2 weeks old) - none of mine were that small, especially not DC3 who was over 8lbs!! I wasn't sure if I'd get a bit broody seeing a newborn baby, but I'm pleased to say that I didn't. Not even a tiny bit! I think DC3 still not sleeping through at 16 months definitely makes any thoughts of any further children a no no at the moment. Was interesting speaking to my friend about her eldest, who at 6 still sleeps badly and needs Mum to lay next to her to fall asleep. Makes me think that I need to gently try and persuade DC3 to self settle (ideally without using controlled crying methods). The main problem I have is that I'm soooo tired and when she wakes in the night it's too easy to feed her so I can go back to sleep sooner. Think I may need to bite the bullet so to speak and suffer the tiredness for a few weeks in the hope it helps us all in the future. If anyone has any tips I'm all ears :).

Today has been a quiet but productive day. As DH was home I have been able to sort through our dining room and recycle a load of old paperwork and colouring sheets the kids have done. (I've kept the best pictures/colouring). Our dining room tends to end up being a dumping ground, so I redeployed lots of toys back to their original locations, as well as loads of pens and paper. Was very satisfying seeing the windowsill and floors clear of all clutter.

Have been pretty good money wise this weekend. Popped to the butchers and Lidl yesterday and spent less than £20 and that had been the only spend all weekend.

Tomorrow should hopefully be another quieter day before a long day out with friends on Tuesday.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
  • AdventureWanted
    Options
    The £130 dd for CC4 has come out today, so that takes the amount paid this year to £4,700.60.

DH and I have been discussing the DC's toys and have decided that they really do have far too much. Today I'm hoping to take a few photos of some of the bits they really don't use and then I'll either list them today or tomorrow. At least once the photos are taken it is half way there.

Today's jobs:
    * relocate DH business paperwork
    * Empty dishwasher & restack
    * Clean kitchen worktops
    * Sort through completed DC worksheets/drawings and transfer from magazine rack to folder.
    * Hoover living room
    * Hoover bedrooms
    * Hoover landing
    * Start photographing bits to sell

Hopefully I can get a fair bit of the to do list done today whilst DC3 naps.
    LBM Aug 2017.
    Debt at LBM - £30,055
    EF - £1,000.00

Challenges
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback