Options
124»

Comments

• bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    sarah_liz wrote: »
    Can we please now get back to my OP and try to help me with my problem?

OP - I think people ARE trying to help you by at least suggesting you get a replacement car through the motability scheme to get you back on the road.
  • m0bov
    m0bov Posts: 2,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP I suggest you make an appointment with your local CAB office, the longer you leave it the more difficult it becomes and the less likely the dealer will take you seriously.

Are there mobility charities that might help with the legal side?
  • iolanthe07
    iolanthe07 Posts: 5,493 Forumite
    Options
    They changed the clutch in an auto?

Yes - Many Fiats have those ghastly electro-mechanical semi-autos where there is a clutch that is engaged automatically. They do help save fuel (as compared to a traditional torque converter auto), but imho they are jerky and generall unsatisfactory. They are common among small European automatics.
    I used to think that good grammar is important, but now I know that good wine is importanter.
  • timwalker
    Options
    OP - I have worked for a WAV manufacturer for many years.
    I am guessing, from what you have said, that you possibly have a Fist Qubo that has been converted to a drive-from wheelchair vehicle, probably by Sirius Mobility.
    These drive-from vehicles can be very problematical long-term due to the complexity of the conversion.
    To be honest, neither a Fiat dealer or a used car dealer should be messing with the car, as any fault may be a result of the conversion.
    The original converter may be a point of contact, to see if your problem is recognised?

To people suggesting the OP should just get another vehicle on the Motability scheme, it really isn't as straightforward as most people think when somebody is confined to a wheelchair.

Let me know if I can help any more.
  • sarah_liz
    Options
    timwalker wrote: »
    OP - I have worked for a WAV manufacturer for many years.
    I am guessing, from what you have said, that you possibly have a Fist Qubo that has been converted to a drive-from wheelchair vehicle, probably by Sirius Mobility.
    These drive-from vehicles can be very problematical long-term due to the complexity of the conversion.
    To be honest, neither a Fiat dealer or a used car dealer should be messing with the car, as any fault may be a result of the conversion.
    The original converter may be a point of contact, to see if your problem is recognised?

To people suggesting the OP should just get another vehicle on the Motability scheme, it really isn't as straightforward as most people think when somebody is confined to a wheelchair.

Let me know if I can help any more.

Yes, you're right it is a Qubo thats been converted. We have contacted the convertor and they say as it was converted when new (5 years ago) its "not their problem".
    I am now going down the route of taking the sales garage to court for my money back.
    And no, its isn't that easy to get a WAV on the Motability scheme when you have to drive the vehicle from your wheelchair, unless someone wants to give me around £20k for the upfront payment? ;-)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure