Combined Christmas present for 3 children

My DD and her partner have 4 children between them. She boy aged 5, he boy aged 10 and girl aged 4. One between them 11mths. As his children have a really big extended family, they get an awful lot of presents and they also include my grandchildren, so many presents for all of them.

Because of this, I don't want to buy individual presents to add to the pile, but I'd like to buy something between them but am stuck for ideas. Last year I bought them a really big trampoline and they loved it, it really went down well. Id like to do the same this year but am stuck for ideas. I am happy to spend around £100 which is approx £30 each I would have spent on individual presents. Any ideas?

Comments

• Could you perhaps bundle in the gift for the adults too and get them all an annual pass to a local theme park or zoo? Would give them something to do at weekends as well as during holidays. Big theme parks like Alton Towers are dreadfully expensive for family passes, but a local attraction might be a bit more affordable.
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    Perhaps vouchers for a trampoline park.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • mandco
    mandco Posts: 1,009
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    annual passes for a local soft play centre or similar? most offer discounts for siblings too
    gets the kids out of the house and last all year- the gift that keeps giving
    this year do something that scares you for courage is not the absence of fear just the knowledge that some things are worth the risk
  • Alikay
    Alikay Posts: 5,147
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    National Trust or English Heritage membership for the whole family?
  • lush_walrus
    lush_walrus Posts: 1,975 Forumite
    Save it for them, take them somewhere or buy them each something practical, clothes or nightwear
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Agree with the annual pass. My parents often buy something like that for me, my husband and daughter. It's normally either an annual pass, or just day tickets if it's somewhere really expensive. It's lovely to have quality family time together without it being expensive.
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport