We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dabs

I work from home and use a Limited Company to run my business. My Limited Company has a different landline phone number from my home phone number, this phone number is an 0871 number. Basically this is to stop timewasters calling me. Any business person or business who really wants to contact me uses my mobile number. Any person who wants to contact me mostly uses my mobile as they know this is the number they can get me on.

I tried to set up a business account with Dabs and their website came back with my telephone numbers being invalid. So I went on their chat facility.

Firstly I asked that how can an 0871 number for a business be invalid particularly when Dabs doesn't give out their phone number.

I was refered to a website page with why Dabs doesn't give out their phone number.

I then pointed out that I run a Limited Company and that my company details can be found at Companies House some for free.

I was told that the Dabs system wouldn't accept the number.
(I should point out on the Dabs online form there is a box which you must untick to prevent them from contacting you with special offers by telephone. )

I then repeated that as I run a Limited Company my company details can be checked via Companies House, and that it was not illegal in the UK for companies to use 0871, 0870 and 0845 numbers.

I was then given this number for Dabs: [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]0870 429 3010 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]plus an email address for coporate sales. :rolleyes:


[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]
I'm not cynical I'm realistic :p

(If a link I give opens pop ups I won't know I don't use windows)

Comments

  • Fraserca
    Fraserca Posts: 358 Forumite
    Use Quidco to buy from Dabs. I used to have a 4business account with them buying thousands of pounds worth of kit.

    Then I discovered that the discount I was getting was less than given to Joe Public through Quidco.

    Also you can get Quidco paid into your Paypal account for personal use ....

    Made me £ 400 last year..
    qui tacet consentire -

    Who is silent gives consent.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.