Options
13»

Comments

• Mojisola
    Mojisola Posts: 35,557 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Leave your key in the lock, job done

As long as the key can't be reached by someone putting their hand through the letterbox!
  • glentoran99
    glentoran99 Posts: 5,821 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    As long as the key can't be reached by someone putting their hand through the letterbox!

If someone has arms that skinny and flexible and can reach round and check for a key in the lock then good luck to them
  • d0nkeyk0ng
    d0nkeyk0ng Posts: 873 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not quite the scenario you described - Whole families have been found dead inside their front door after a fire, all piled up on each other with the key on the floor underneath them.
    Except I didn't describe that scenario at all. Or any other scenario. Have a re read of the thread.
  • Interesting... I wouldn’t ever entertain a handle that with a simple smash of the window could be opened.

Each to their own eh!
  • TheCyclingProgrammer
    Options
    If you have laminated glass then smashing the glass is not as easy as it sounds.

If a burglar is willing to smash glass to gain entry anyway then they could just as easily smash a window (also unlikely to be laminated).
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options

Most newbuilds i have been into have these thumb locks now,im not sure if its new building regs , they also have a shield in front of them to prevent this
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure