🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Purchased item not in stock! AAARRRGGGHHH

Options
So on Tuesday my printer packed up and I needed a replacement.
Rymans had the one I wanted, delivery estimated Friday so I bought it. No delivery by following Tuesday so I sent a message.
Just got a reply "Unfortunately there has been a further delay. We are expecting stock to arrive today. "
Not good enough, can I complain to Ebay as they now hope to deliver tomorrow?

Comments

• Brynsam
    Brynsam Posts: 3,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can complain to anyone - whether they do anything is another matter. Cancel the order if you aren't happy.
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    As above. What is more important, the complaint or the item?
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,986 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I assume that by 'complain' you mean 'join the compensation culture'? If you paid extra for next day delivery and that didn't happen, it would be reasonable to ask the seller to reimburse that extra cost.

Otherwise, although it might be a bit annoying that the printer is a few days later than you'd hoped, as you were happy to buy on the basis of 'estimated' delivery, clearly time was not of the essence, so it's hard to see what you have to complain about, let alone 'claim' for.
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
  • Brywalker
    Brywalker Posts: 319 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Friday was an "estimated delivery date" anyway.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,011 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well Rymans now say the printer will not be in stock until 16th!
    To their credit they canceled the purchase and refunded me quickly when I got back to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport