My name's Emz and I'm rubbish at diaries!

Options

Comments

• Emzilla
    Emzilla Posts: 3,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good to see you Emz.
    Keep plodding xx

Hi Lou :)

Hope you are well. Lovely to see you too.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,454 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I am plodding on & falling more :eek: xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Emzilla
    Options
    Day 3 of 100.

Okay, so, quite a development today. I received a lovely letter saying they were taking me to court over the electric arrears, on 20th November, to get a warrant to gain entry to cut off the supply or fit a PAYG meter.

I didn't know it had gotten to that stage, but I'm not surprised.

I mentioned it to a very good friend and she has agreed to lend me the money to pay it off. I'm going with her to the bank tomorrow to get the money transferred over and I will be able to clear the arrears in full tomorrow.

I'm so relieved I can't tell you. I know I will still have to pay my friend back and will do ASAP. She has said there's no rush, but there's nothing like a debt to ruin a friendship, so I will pay her back sooner rather than later. At least I won't get any charges added on to that though.

Emz xx
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    Good friends are worth so much aren't they. Mine have kept me sane at various point over the last few months.

Very glad that happened for you, excellent news XXXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • beanielou
    Options
    What an amazing friend.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Emzilla
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted for a couple of days. I was busy with work, visiting the in-laws and.......paying off my electric bill!!!

It was a thrilling moment!! My mate has been really kind and said that we will come to some arrangement in the new year to start paying her back.

So I might now concentrate on getting Christmas presents and start to debt bust in the new year.

We went for lunch with the in-laws, and they amazingly paid half. We've ordered flowers for her birthday and they came to £24 with my discount, so that wasn't too bad.

I've got to go to work for a couple of hours this evening for a showcase type thing of their Christmas products. I get paid for it, so can't complain. A few of us are then going on to a pub quiz that we do every month or so. We never win, or even get close, but it's a good laugh. I've also got to remember to pay my £5 deposit for our Christmas meal.

Emz xx
  • beanielou
    Options
    Faints in a heap.
    Paid half :eek:

• Emzilla
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Faints in a heap.
    Paid half :eek:

I know - I nearly fell of my chair when they gave my OH some money!!

Emz xx
  • Emzilla
    Options
    The work thing on Sunday was a bit boring. We had a laugh in the pub afterwards though. We got 46 points on the quiz. The second place team got 50 and the winners got 55, so I felt we did quite well.

I've paid another £5 back to my sister's Amazon account from Swagbucks. Also, thanks to a 650 point survey this morning, I'm only just over 200 away from getting a £10 voucher.

Going to try and blitz the surveys for the rest of the month and get as much money towards Christmas as I can.

Emz xx
  • Tea&Kittens
    Options
    Hey Emz!
    glad you got the electric sorted! Good luck with the surveys :) they always seem to be full by the time I get to try them!
    #Frugal February : NSDs Target =16
    Started here on 07 September 2017: Total:[STRIKE] £20,521[/STRIKE] £19847
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£14659[/STRIKE] £14435 Oct 2017 HSBC Credit Card : [STRIKE]£3112[/STRIKE] £3012 Oct 2017
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]350[/STRIKE] £0 Oct2017 MBNA : 2400
    A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step. I'm on my way!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure