"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it."

Options

Comments

• greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,153 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally got round to checking my payslips from the new job and printing them off, and they've sorted out my pension so are now paying the maximum that they match. However, realised that I need to contact my old employer for my P11D before I can do my tax return. I think my tax codes will take a while to settle down now I'm in a different tax bracket and my bonuses are paid quarterly.

DIdn't run after hospital - I was very fidgety. Nothing dramatic about it, a possible diagnosis which needs a gastroscopy and biopsy to confirm (and rule out unlikely nasties). The good news is that unlike my GP the consultant is pretty sure there is a cause of the problem, and having looked into it (she said it was safe to google :)), it seems that it's a case of confirming that it's an immune response, identifying the foods that trigger it, allowing it time to heal, and then adapting to a new diet. My brother (who was as dismissive as my GP) has recommended an allergy consultant to ask for if the diagnosis is correct.

Hair appointment took up most of yesterday. Today is wet and horrible so I'm staying inside and pottering and trying not to turn the heating on. I'm actually doing some cooking for the first time in ages. I'll probably spend some time lying about reading and then hopefully potter enough to get the house tidy - thankfully I got most of the washing done on Friday.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    That sounds a good result for the appointment, greenbee - fixing a fixable problem is always good :):):)

It's pertiddling down here too, and I absolutely understand the decision to stay at home and potter - no point going out in that! Enjoy while you can, your schedule seems very busy.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greenbee
    Options
    MOT, chimney sweep and boiler service all booked :)
  • greenbee
    Options
    Chimney swept, boiler services, MOT done and clutch replaced on car (ouch). Two wardrobes ordered for delivery today, so it's been an expensive week (I also paid for a couple of the girls at work to have manicures while we were at an event, and there was an expensive round of drinks in there too...

The moles have been digging up the lawn while i'm away, so I need to get myself outside, set traps and flatten the mole hills. As it's a nice day, I'm also hoping that I'll get my laundry done and spend some time in the garden starting to put it to bed.

There are also still some logs to split, but before I do those the kindling needs chopping as it's in the way in the log store.

And the security cameras need their batteries changing. I need to see whether I can sort out the geofencing for them, so they're only on when I'm not here. A couple of them could probably do with repositioning too, as then they won't be triggered quite so much by passing lorries or the wind in the trees.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Not as much done in the garden as I should have done, but the laundry is done, I've set one mole trap (I saw the mole working, but it seems to have headed off elsewhere so will have to set another one in the morning), and weeded about half a flowerbed.

Two flatpack wardrobes were delivered today and I've put them both together with only two injuries. Both now have stuff in them, so I'm hoping that by the end of tomorrow I'll have my mum's room and the spare room back in use (and possibly a bit more space in the kids' room). There's a LOT of recycling and rubbish from the packaging.

Builder dropped in at lunchtime and is hoping to get over this week to do the external painting, and be back in a couple of weeks to make a start on the outstanding items. As he's free for most of November, I'm hoping that the utility room, doors and possibly even the kitchen will be done (if I can afford it!).

There are a few changes going on at work, so things are a bit stressful, which makes me nervous about spending. However, it needs to be done, and I'm going to be away a lot which makes it a good time to have someone making mess...
  • greenbee
    Options
    I've been travelling now for nearly month and am shattered.

Builder didn't get round to doing the external painting while the sun was shining, or do stuff while I was away, but I have now had a quote for the utility room work and he's going to call on Monday.

I've got 3 days off next week and 3 the following week in lieu of the weekends I've missed through travel so want to make the most of them to get stuff done in the house and garden. Starting with getting the cupboard that's been in the back of the car for a month out and into the house. Then tidying up the bits that need tidying and putting the garden to bed.

Hopefully I'll be at home for a few weeks and can get the builder to get some stuff sorted before it gets too cold.

I managed to get a reasonable amount of exercise and eat OK most of the time I was travelling, but all the long-haul flights have been hard work and I'm now very, very tired...
  • greenbee
    Options
    I've got the cupboard out of the car and into the dining room (so I now need to empty the old one and work out what to do with it).

I've also remembered that I need to do my tax return as I now have all the paperwork. Due to the change in job I suspect it will be complicated - especially as my bonuses are now paid quarterly rather than annually and I also had an additional week's pay due to holiday owed from the last job.

I'm starting to feel vaguely human now, so I've made some lists and am hoping to get plenty done over the weekend.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Welcome back greenbee! You sound like you have an amazing job, but I'm not surprised you're shattered, with the amount of travel and being away from home. Sorry to hear the builder didn't do his thing - maybe it now means you can see what's going on, and avoid mistakes? I'm sure you'd have preferred it to just be *done* though!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • greenbee
    Options
    Thanks KC. TBH I'm quite relieved the builder wasn't here while I was away, as I came home twice for about 36 hours to unpack/do laundry/repack and couldn't have dealt with the mess/dust/chaos.

Lovely sunny day here, so upstairs windows are open (I have cluster flies, so I need to get the meths out and clean the frames properly - my cleaner has tried disinfectant and vinegar but they keep coming back), and breakfast is cooking (bacon, PSB, tomatoes and mushrooms). After that I'll open all the downstairs windows and make a start on the outside jobs. Weeds are growing well, as is the grass but it's too wet to mow, so I'll deal with the dead stuff and cutting back first.
  • greenbee
    Options
    Laundry is pretty much done (need to iron).

Have unpacked, put away and cleared up spare bedroom.

House has been aired several times, and I have a candle lit in the kitchen as we had fish for supper last night and the smell is lingering.

Almost the whole of the narrow bed at the back of the house has been cut back and weeded. There are a LOT of weeds, and I clearly need more ground cover there so need to think about ordering plants.

Starting to flag and want to go to bed but need to stay up until around 8ish so I don't get totally out of sync. ANd from tomorrow I need to get include exercise in my day as the last three days have been disgraceful.

Hoping the weather dries out so I can get the garden sorted - I desperately need to mow and cut the hedge as soon as possible.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback