ESA50 in the post ... let’s see how long this takes now

Options

Comments

• UKTigerlily
    Options
    Had my decision yesterday, almost 4 months (reassessment), a little faster than last year's 6 months
  • Daisy2017
    Options
    Gave them a call this morning .

My original claim was due up on 12th September 2017 for renewal . They received form on 4th October . The claim is with medical services and there are no notes or appointments on file as of yet .she said they may request further info from Docs or do an assessment for further info but at moment it’s not showing anything . She said they have no timescale either .

Someone I know from my area sent her form back and has an assessment date 4 weeks later !! So I’m hoping this is good news !!
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,989 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Daisy2017 wrote: »
    Gave them a call this morning .

My original claim was due up on 12th September 2017 for renewal . They received form on 4th October . The claim is with medical services and there are no notes or appointments on file as of yet .she said they may request further info from Docs or do an assessment for further info but at moment it’s not showing anything . She said they have no timescale either .

Someone I know from my area sent her form back and has an assessment date 4 weeks later !! So I’m hoping this is good news !!
    Try to relax. If an assessment is needed they'll write to you with a date. Nothing you can do in the meantime.
  • Dan27
    Dan27 Posts: 604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Is it always best to send these by recorded delivery?
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Dan27 wrote: »
    Is it always best to send these by recorded delivery?
    This thread is a year old and it's always best to start your own with any questions because it's confusing otherwise.

Send what recorded delivery? Evidence a form? I'm guessing it's ESA as you've posted on an old ESA thread. As the forms are sent straight to the health assessments providers then yes recorded delivery.
  • Dan27
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    This thread is a year old and it's always best to start your own with any questions because it's confusing otherwise.

Send what recorded delivery? Evidence a form? I'm guessing it's ESA as you've posted on an old ESA thread. As the forms are sent straight to the health assessments providers then yes recorded delivery.

Just the form recieved today. Reassessment if have to have face 2 face. I was last assessed three years ago. Got put in support group. I didnt send by recorded delivery last time back then
  • poppy12345
    Options
    Just the form recieved today. Reassessment if have to have face 2 face. I was last assessed three years ago. Got put in support group. I didnt send by recorded delivery last time back then
    As i said the ESA50 is not returned to DWP because it comes straight from the health assessment providers, if you want to send it recorded delivery you can and they'll receive it the following day. Different to DWP. Don't forget the evidence to send with the form.
  • Dan27
    Options
    What sort of evidence do I need to send. I never sent any evidence last time. Face 2 face assessment put me in support group last time. Making out like I was very lucky. Starting to worry me now a little.
  • poppy12345
    Options
    What sort of evidence do I need to send. I never sent any evidence last time. Face 2 face assessment put me in support group last time. Making out like I was very lucky. Starting to worry me now a little.
    Evidence to prove how your conditions affect you. It's possible that they contacted your GP the last time. It's rare that they do this but it does happen. I most certainly wouldn't rely on them contacting anyone. The onus is always on you to prove you qualify and not their responsibility.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure